cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Long text not visible

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I have configured Service Desk for Solution managter. Wen the user create a support message it appears in the solution Manager but i am unable to see the long text that the user has written. How can i cross check it and where the long text appears. How can I resolve it

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Miguel_Ariño
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Does this happen to all users? Does it happen to users with SAP_ALL? Do the users have a business partner assigned?

Best regards,

Miguel Ariñ

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Muhammad,

You will be having two tabs in the support desk message (Fast entry, Transaction Data)

Select trasnaction data -> and select overview option to view the long text entered by the user.

Check this.

thanks,

regards,

Srinivas

former_member343310
Participant
0 Kudos

sir ,

I see nothing in there .. how can I cross check ...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Muhammad,

Please tell me

1.In which transaction code you are creating the support message.(notif_create or crmd_order or from Help->create support message)

Whther the support message number got generated? (eg.800...series)

2. Did you check the message in the T-Code : CRM_DNO_MONITOR.

3. In the support message what are all the tabs you are able to see.

4. And what is the transaction type you are using.(eg..SLFN etc).

These are required to identify your problem.

Thanks,

regards,

Srinivas

5. Is the screen profile maintained for your trasanction type.

srinivas

Edited by: Srini24 on Apr 29, 2010 11:52 AM

former_member343310
Participant
0 Kudos

1) I am creating suport message from Help->create support message in my development system and the message numbers are generated

2) Messages can be seen on CRM_DNO_MONITOR

3) I can see Fast entry, Item Details, tansaction Data. There are many other tabs but when I click on CHANGE button, the bottom Right bix remains greyed and I am unable to write any comments on it

4)I am using SLFN

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Then this is something to do with the text determination procedure for your transaction type SLFN.

Check what are all the text ID's in that text field(e.g Description , Log , reply.... etc). Whether for all the text ID's it is blank?

Check what is the text determination procedure assigned to SLFN? In standard SLFN0001 is used.

Then check in the configuration in the path

SAP Solution Manager -> Scenrario Specific Settings ->Service Desk -> Text determination procedure-> Text object -CRM_ORDERH ->procedure (SLFN0001)-> definition of procedure and check the changes column of the texd id's.

If the changes column is selected as 'P' it is an editable field in support message, if it is 'R' then it will be display.

Check for your text determination procedure.

Hope this resolves your problem,

Thanks,

regards,

Srinivas.

You can view the text entered by the person in the trasnaction data tab -> overview. you can verify the data in this field with the data entered from help-> create support message

Edited by: Srini24 on Apr 29, 2010 2:31 PM

Hi Muhammad,

+Also please check if the text determination procedure is defined in your transaction type SLFN. Even if it is left as blank you willhave the field as 'grey'+ in the path

solution manager-> scenario specific settings ->service desk -> general settings->define transaction type->SLFN

please check and confirm.

Award points if issue is resolved.

regards,

Srinivas

Edited by: Srini24 on Apr 30, 2010 1:37 PM