cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue about Variant Key in variant condition

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

In my client's system, it actived the variant configuration.

What has done.

1. Define the characteristics (CT04)

a) one varaint condition

b) others

2. Define class ang link it to characteristic (CL04)

3. Assign the class to configurable material (MM02)

4. Define the variant table structure (CU61)

5. Maintian the table contents (CU60)

6. Define the constraint dependency (CU01)

7. Define constraint dependency net, and allocate the constraint dependency to constraint dependency net. (CU21)

8. Create configuration profile, assign the dependency. (CU41)

9. Define the variant key (VK30)

There is no dependency with procedure. I didn't find where to link the variant key to the characteristic.

But when i run CU50 to simulate, i can see there are some variant key, which were defined with VK30 (they are not characteristic value), in characteristic "Variant Condition" .

Can anyone help me? Thank you very much.

Edited by: Dave Wang on Apr 29, 2010 10:14 AM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member183879
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Dave,

I dont think the variant key created in VK30 will anyway appear somewhere for characteristics. I have never heard of something like this.

If we want the variant keys to be defined for a particular characteristics, you have to enter the list of possible variant keys for the characteristics in the CT04 screen itself. It is in the Values tab of CT04 for the characteristic.

If you want to have the values populated from some other place, then you can click the "Other value Check" button in the same tab and then you can link the char values to either a Z table or a FM and so on. Your FM can then fetch the values from some table based on your reqmt.

Hope this helps. If you need some info pls let us know