Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pre Printed Invoice

johnattan_company
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

We are currently in the analysis phase to the implementation of SAP ECC 6.0 Ehp3 for a society in Ecuador, and I know that this situation happens in Venezuela too. The laws require that the invoices and delivery notes must be pre-printed by a printer approved by the Internal Revenue Service, giving them the document number for each one.

How can we do, with the invoice number, when the items have sold cover more than one sheet?

Can we use the following pre-numbered invoice to continue printing?

What is the reference number of the invoice, the first number or the second one?

Thanks in advance,

Johnattan Company

SAP SD Consultant

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

sidi_reghioui
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

I understand all paper sheets are provided by an Authority andonly these can be used with the approved printers.

I am confused about one thing:

- I can imagine how much every single company is wasting of paper, what about these sheets that are wasted because of paper jams in the printer for example? Do you report on these?

As for the problem printing, every 15 items coming on 1 sheet, in my opinion you don't have to make 4 sales orders, neither you need to split the order into smaller deliveries 15 items max. What I suggest is just redesign the output proces of the delivery ( same for billing ) is that you

1. number your pages as 1 of 4, 2 of 4, ...

2. repeat the header details of your document on each sheet like: Date, document number, customer, ...

3. the items number will continue as normal on each sheet

I think (my opinion) this way, whatever the paper sheet number is, it always links back to the document stored in SAP.

regards

Sidi

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

johnattan_company
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

A colleague of mine has found the standard solution for this topic, in the following path: SPRO, Sales and Distribution, Billing, Billing Documents, Country-specific features, maintain maximum number of billing items.

Here u201Cis where you can define the maximum number of items allowed for all billing documents within a given sales organizationu201D

Also it is necessary define in the copy control for the particular billing type in the Data VBRK/VBRP the routine u201C006 Single inv. Limitedu201D:

u201CThis is an example of a data transfer routine. FORM routines for data transfer allow you to fine tune the transferred fields during the copying process. This requirement is used to limit the number of line items allowed in any single billing document.u201D

Best Regards,

Johnattan Company

SAP SD Consultant.

eduardo_hinojosa
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
johnattan_company
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Eduardo,

Thank you for the information, but that is not the issue. For example, consider that one sheet can print only 15 items; but you have a sales order with 50 items. Now they make four sales order instead of one.

Thanks again.

Johnattan Company

SAP SD Consultant

eduardo_hinojosa
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Johnnatan,

I understand you. I think that you can handle it with splitting (invoice and deleveries). You must splt the document when it will have 15 items (e.g. 15 items by document).

For split invoices you have a VOFM subroutine that split it in the definition of copying rules (tcodes VTFL, VTFA,...) The name of internal table or structure is ZUK and it defines or populate the field VBRK-ZUKRI. Look for the help of an ABAPer to define the algorithm.

Let me know if you need more information.

Regards,

Eduardo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jonattan,

This is depends on business how they want invoice to be printed. You are having following Options:

1) Split the billing document after every 15 line item. - -i should not recommend you.

2) Predict the invoice line items such that at max 25 items can be there. So arrange for 2 sheets per invoice number.

3) Use first pre printed sheet and later blank paper with "Contd..." marked at top.

Hope this will help you.