cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connectin it Function in Universe Connection

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Everyone,

I am using Connectinit parameter available while creating universe connection to call the particular package from the database.

but when I am trying to create new WEBI report based on that universe, it is showing me the error:

An internal error occured while calling 'createDocument' API. (Error: ERR_WIS_30270)

But when i created the DESKI report based on the same universe and exported it to the server,then report is refreshing fine through Infoview.

Please help.

Thanks,

Shweta.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shwetha,

Which version of BOE are you using and where are you trying to create webi report in infoview or rich client?

If it is Infoview, uninstall java in client machine and when you open webi thru infoview it will again prompt to install webi, install it and the report should work fine. If not ask your admin to run the report for you. Either of these two should fix the issue.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Sanjay

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am facing the same error from Rich client, However, I can use this universe without any problem from Infoview and Deski

PPaolo
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello,

is the connectinit sentence executed when you run in Deski? Please check as maybe you have no error just because Connectinit has not been run.

Depending on what you want to do, you could instead use the 'begin_sql' universe parameter.

The sentence in begin_sql is executed before each query.

Note that begin_sql will affect only queries generated in WebIntelligence (not by Deski, not by the Universe Designer query panel).

Hope that it helps

PPaolo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Pierpaolo, can you confirm which version includes the BEGIN_SQL option? It was not in XI R2 and earlier, but I don't remember specifically which version (or sp) of XI 3 it appeared in. The original poster might need to know this in case they're on an older version.

PPaolo
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Sure, it was added in XI3.1.

I forgot to specify.

PPaolo

Answers (0)