cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need help for a SPAM related issue.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a system in which we have applied support packages for a particular component using SAPM for over 4 yrs.

I would like to know the shortest possible way to find out which all Support packages ended with errors and had to be reapplied over the 4 years.

Is there a easy way to do this in R/3 or Unix level.

Thanks

Edited by: Vighneswaran CE on Apr 29, 2010 9:08 AM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

egrep " 00[0-9][8-9] | [0-9][0-9][1-9][0-9] " ALOG*

I wroted above unix command and exreated got a list of all packages which had return codes above 4.

There is a phase m in most support package impoorts with RC 12.

m 0012 20091001101052 SAPUSER

m 0012 20091102115514 SAPUSER

G 0008 20100225104440 SAPUSER

When I go to the SPAM logs in R/3 system errors for this phase "m" is not actually seen.

Can you please tell me as to what this phase is and why these return codes are not reflected in SPAM logs in R/3 system as critical?

Thanks

former_member198270
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Vighneswaran, You can have a look at SPAM tcode. in the very first screen if you see red color screen with error stop message in it this is the condition where any incomplete patches are there to check which patch got terminated with error, you can proceed per Juan's reply.

and if you want to see the logs at Unix level you can go to /usr/sap/trans/log/ SLOG and ALOG files.

The support packages have RC=12 and 16 shows some error has happened.

Hope it helps you.

Regards, Amber S | ITL

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can try going to the import logs and check the status...

Go to SPAM -> Goto -> import logs -> Support Packages

Regards

Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As per my knowledge, might be this is not possible to identify. If a support package is ended with error for first time then once the error is resolved and support pack is applied successfully then the logs gets overwritten with success message.

Anyhow, for logs I think you can check in log folder under trans directory. But I feel 4 years is pretty long time.

Regards,

Sharath