cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Material not to go thru quality check if its an STO

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

In our scenario for a particular material, either we purchase it through a Vendor or from STO from different plant(different company codes).

Quality check is active for these materials but our requirement is we dont want the material to go through quality in the reveiving plant if it has come thru STO as it has already gone thru Quality check in the supplying plant.

But if the same material is coming from a vendor it should go thru quality check.

Please guide if its possible to achieve this development.

Thanks and Regds,

Ritesh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It sounds like you are experiencing this problem currently. It is possible to use STO's and process them similarily to a PO from a vendor so that both would trigger the 01 inspection type. If this is your process, your other plant that the STO is coming from should have an assinged customer number to them. Find out the customer number and you can create a QM info record for that number and the related material numbers. Set up the info record so no inspections are required. This should prevent 01 lots from being created.

FF

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi FF,

Thanks for the prompt response. But same reason was suggested by me to the end users but they find creating Quality info with vendor as supplying plant with no inspection as additional over head.

Is there any other process to achieve this or else will have to convince them that this is the only process possible.

As other replies are not feasible in my case as for both case we do Goods Receipt thru 103 movement type only.

Please help!!!

Thanks & Regds,

Ritesh

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sorry, no. The only way to avoid it would be to use STO's through the standard process and not the PO process. Then the STO's inspection lots would be controlled by the 08 inspection type and not the 01.

You should talk to the SD and Inventory people and ask them what the business reason is for using the PO process for STO's. Consultants, users and businesses all often fail to understand that SAP is an integrated system and by making certain choices in certain areas you can increase the work load in other areas. So by making it easier on say the SD folks, you've made it harder on your QM people.

Each area wants to minimize their workload which is totally understandable. But decisions are often decided because a business or group has the political clout to make it happen. (Or you have a consultant in another area that totally fails to understand the impact on other modules), It often is not the best decision for the business as a whole however.

FF

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ritesh, Did you find any solution to this?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Craig,

please let me take advantage from your knowledge.

I have a problem close to the one in this feed: only for some materials, the company where I work doen´s want to inspect at the sending plant but at the receiving plant. I say again: for some materials only.

At the moment STO is in place and "QM not active" is ticked off in OMJJ.

It means that ALL materials are inspected at the receiving plant (or at the receiving storage location)...

To be clearer I cannot deactivate the 08 insp.type for those materials for which I don´t want them to be inspected at the receiving plant because I want them to be inspected anyway at the receiving storage location.

Do you have any suggestion to me?

Thank you in advance,

CG

Former Member
0 Kudos

In addition to above all recommendation,one more option can be create a Z mvt type for STO & deactivate QM for the same in OMJJ

former_member554321
Participant
0 Kudos

in both the cases different type of mvt. takes place i.e. for vendor procured material 101 and for STO from different plant(different company codes) 301 or some another mvt. in your case.

so go to omjj t_code enter stock tranfer mvt f8

go to 'Deactivate QM inspection / delivery category' and tick 'QM not active' check box so that material will directly go to unrestricted

or

for STO from different plant there is some inspection type assigned (08) and for vendor procured material 01 inspection type is assigned

for that material u can deactivate inspection type08 or remove 'post to inspection stock tick' for 08 inspection type.

former_member662213
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

In standard SAP, for PO system uses the inspection type 01 and for STO, the system uses the inspection type 08.

Thus, assign the necessary inspection types as per the requirement.

Thanks

SUMIT