cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Portal iview using custom webgui service

0 Kudos

Hello experts,

I have a EP 7.0 SP13 and we have defined a system to connect to a R/3 system, via ITS. I have created a new webgui service in transaction sicf, so I can change some parameters in it (like singletransaction, etc), lets call it webgui_test. I have tested the service with the web browser and it is working fine.

In my portal I have defined a system to connect to this service, like this:

ITS Host Name: the url of the web dispatcher that connects to the its

ITS Path: /sap/bc/gui/sap/its/webgui_test

If I type that url with the suffix in the internt explorer browser, it works fine. But when I call it from an iview of the portal, it is using the standard webgui servicem, without the custom parameters.

What I am thinking is when you create a R/3 system or transaction iviews on the portal, it automatically points the to standard webgui service, no matter what are you using in the "ITS Path" field.

My questions are:

Are my assumptions true?

Is there any way to point my portal to the custom webgui service?

Best regards and thank in advance,

Javier

Edited by: Laura Moreno on Apr 29, 2010 8:06 AM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

On your EP, you have to define an IAC iview and use it with your ITS service. You have to run SIAC_PUBLISH_ALL_INTERNAL transaction on your R/3 system too. This is enough, if you've configured your portal system properly.

Hope this helps.

Iván.

0 Kudos

Hello Iván,

it didn't work. When I call the transaction iview it still uses the standard webgui, instead of my custom webgui

Best regards,

Javier

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You don't have to use transaction iview. Define an IAC iview and call ITS service with this.

Is your service /sap/bc/gui/sap/its/webgui active?

Where have you defined your own ITS service? Your ITS services have to be defined under /sap/bc/gui/sap/its/, not under /sap/bc/gui/sap/its/webgui.

Test your service using SICF and then define IAC iview on your EP (using SYSTEM defined for your R/3 system) and test it.

Hope this helps,

Iván.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

cris_hansen
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Laura,

Transaction iViews will always use the WEBGUI service in the backend system you have defined; this cannot be changed...

So, you can:

1. Use transaction iViews and use the standard WEBGUI service

2. User IAC iViews for customized SICF services

3. Change (but not recommended!) the standard WEBGUI service to fulfill your needs.

I would say that 3. is too risky and should be consider as last resort...

All the best,

Cristiano

0 Kudos

Hello,

I have two options:

-IAC iviews

pros: standard configuration

cons: It needs a new service for each transaction. I think it is the best option when only a few transactions are going to called from the portal.

-Change the standard component (well, make a copy of it and upload it as a new component, so the standard is not changed)

pros: I think is the desired behaviour of the portal, transaction iviews should use the webgui service of the system.

cons: New component, may cause problem when transporting to other environments.

Best regards,

Javier