cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to show View1 in View2 modal window?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have 2 views in an application.

View1: Search Item

--> Fire Plug

View2: Item Display

Now in View2, I want to open a modal window of View1 to Search for another item and transfer search results in View1. But when I try to open View1, it shows me View2 instead. How can I achieve this?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Faraz,

Please make the life time of the view as When Visible instead of Framework controlled. So the life time of the view 1 will be ending once u navigate to the view 2.

Thanks,

Raju Bonagiri

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Create 2 different DC's each contain one view say searchdc having view1 to search the items and say displaydc having view2 to display item.

Then you can use these dc's wherever you want to display. it may be in a viewcontainer or in a model window

Or instead of 2 dc's you can create 2 components in a single dc

Regards,

Amol

former_member182534
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Friend,

Instead of using 2 separate window you can use a view container and that should resolve your problem

Step 1: make a view with two view container

Step 2: go to your application window(primary window) and make this as default view

step 3: put the search view in one of the view container and make this default for the respective view container.

step 4: put the second view in the other view container but don't make this view as default

step 5: link the out plug and in plug of the pages

I hope you problem gets resolved.

The solution which i provided with this you can view both the view at the same time.

Regards

Piyas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply but this does not solve my problem.

Navigating from View1 to View2 is not the concern. I want to open View2 in a modal window on top of View1 using windowmanager.createModalWindow

How can I achieve this so that the VIew1 doesn't share the same session?

Former Member
0 Kudos

OK, what I tried is, I create another window "View1Window2" for View1 and opened that window from View2 and it opened the Search view. But there is another question.

Can I somehow open View1 in a different session? Because it is using the same session and it is messing up View2