cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

disaggregation of forecast

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a forecast done for 12 months and the history of 12 month available. The forecast data comes at monthly level. I need to disaggregate the forecast data based on the disaggregation done to the history. How do i do it?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Proportional reference can be used for this purpose. It can be saved to the default KF of apodpdant or to any custom KF as well.

Then you have to make your forecast KF to be time based dissaggregated based on this APODPDANT KF or your custom KF as may be applicable.

Detailed procedure available in following link.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_apo/helpdata/en/66/29fb672fbe11d398240000e8a49608/content.htm

Let me know for any questions. Hope this helps.

Thanks

Mani

Former Member
0 Kudos

So, during the creation of the planning area, if i mention some dissaggregation levles to the key-figures, then the same disaggregation is applicable for them irrespective of whether it is history or forecast, right?

Suppose, in the data view configuration, I select a time bucket profile which shows the forecast in months, then, i disaggregate in the data view (please tell me how to do this) implies that those key figures will be disaggregated based on waht we mentioned during the creation of the planning area, right?

Also, please tell me more about APODPDANT.

Former Member
0 Kudos

So, during the creation of the planning area, if i mention some dissaggregation levles to the key-figures, then the same disaggregation is applicable for them irrespective of whether it is history or forecast, right?

You are correct, that is why the general practise is to forecast based on 1 KF history into another KF.

Suppose, in the data view configuration, I select a time bucket profile which shows the forecast in months, then, i disaggregate in the data view (please tell me how to do this) implies that those key figures will be disaggregated based on waht we mentioned during the creation of the planning area, right?

You select the time bucket profile in your data view. Assume you show the forecast in months, the disaggregation depends on your storage bucket profile. If you have saved your data in say quarters and show it in months in teh dataview, then it will disaggregate based on your definition in planning area which you wud have given during its creation.

Pls note that there are 2 types of disaggregation

1) Time based disaggregation - This is affected by time buckets and storage buckets.

2) Characteristic level disaggregation - This is not affected by time buckets and storage buckets.

Also, please tell me more about APODPDANT.

APODPDANT is a standard KF. One of this is avaiable for each plng area. You can store proportional factors based on history data or past planning data in this KF and apply the same to your future forecast.

Hope this helps.

Thanks

Mani

Answers (0)