Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JDBC driver error to connect to an MS Access DB

former_member189462
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We have created a file to JDBC scenario on XI 3.0. My XI server is on a Linux server and the db the receiver CC is trying to connect to is an MS Access 2007.

The CC parameters are configured as follow:

JDBC Driver: jdbc.odbc.JdbcOdbcDriver

Connection: jdbc:odbc:Driver={Microsoft Access Driver (*.mdb)};DBQ=
xxxxxx\xxxxx\Test.mdb

On the communication monitoring we are getting the following error message:

Error when attempting to get processing resources: com.sap.aii.af.service.util.concurrent.ResourcePoolException: Unable to create new pooled resource: DriverManagerException: Cannot establish connection to URL 'jdbc:odbc:Driver={Microsoft Access Driver (*.mdb)};DBQ=
xxxxxx\xxxxx\Test.mdb': java.lang.NullPointerException

In regards with the above message and after reviewing several posts, I have two questions I would like to confirm with you:

a- Do I have to perform a JDBC driver deployment to connect to a MS Access DB? If so, which one.

b- Is there a suitable JDBC driver on Linux to connect to a MS Access DB? If there is not such a driver, Is there any available workaround for this?

Please, let us know your recommendations about this or what I should check to identify the cause of the above error.

Thanks and best regards

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

a。 yes ,you must perform a JDBC driver deployment to connect to a MS Access DB, and the jdbc you need find your from database vendor,but i did't find it. you must deploy correspond message in your pi system when you need to connect to your

target database.

b .as far as i know, there isn't free jdbc for ms access jdbc (especially in linux/unix platform. in windows platform,jdbc-odbc may be help your ,but in linux...)

i also need any solution for access or mdb ,any useful imformation will be appreciated。

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Zhang junjun,

Did you got any solution? If yes provide me the JDBC Driver information that you used.

I have the same scenario where my PI is installed on Solaris OS and i need to connect to MS access DB or else please let me know if i need to do any other configuration.

Regards

Karthikeyan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

To work with MS Access, there is no need to install a separate drivers.

It seems problem with your Channel configuration driver details. your driver details shuold be like below,

JDBC Driver: sun.jdbc.odbc.JdbcOdbcDriver

For more details:

/people/sameer.shadab/blog/2005/10/24/connecting-to-ms-access-using-receiver-jdbc-adapter-without-dsn

Regards

Ramg

former_member189462
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ramg,

Thanks a lot for your quick response. I'll try it tomorrow and let you know the result. However, and even when I had read there was no need for an additional driver to establish a connection to an MS Access table, I would like to confirm if there is any incompatibility between Linux based server and MS Access database. I've not found any SAP note indicating that, but I did find some forums indicating some kind of incompatibilities but with no confirmation yet.

Thanks again and I'll wait for your reply.

former_member189462
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All, in order to discard any possible issue between Linux and MS access connection, we are currently in the process on configuring a J2SE Plain Adapter Engine on a Windows environment. However, after configuring a JDBC receiver scenario we are getting the following error message in the adapter logs:

Classname=com.sap.aii.messaging.adapter.ModuleXMB2DB

Version=30

Mode=XMB2DB_XML

XI.httport=xxxx

XI.httpService=/db/receiver

db.jdbcDriver=sun.jdbc.odbc.JdbcOdbcDriver

db.connectionURL=jdbc:odbc:Driver={Microsoft Acces Driver (*.mdb)};=<Path to the mdb file>

Error log

15:50:23 (4311): ERROR: Attempt to access JDBC connection failed with "[Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver]Optional feature not implemented"

Attempt to initialize JDBC adapter failed

15:50:23 (4340): JDBC adapter initialized with database error. Proceed

15:50:23 (4303): JDBC adapter listener started

Then, the Mode parameter was changed to XMB2DB and the error log is as follow:

15:36:14 (4315): ERROR: Attempt to initialize transform class com.sap.aii.messaging.adapter.Payload2DBBinding failed with exception com.sap.aii.messaging.adapter.trans.TransformException: Error 'com.sap.aii.messaging.adapter.trans.TransformException: Error: Parameter 'db.table' missing' initializing class payload2DBBinding

15:36:14 (4304): Unable to start JDBC adapter (not initialized)

According to our scenario the required mode would be XMB2DB_XML. Could you please let us know the cause of the u201COptional feature not implementedu201D error message is?

The following data may be helpful:

OS version: Windows 2003 Server SP2

JRE (1.6.0_16-b01)

Weu2019ll wait for your recommendations.

Thanks and best regards

former_member189462
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Finally we were able to successfully establish the connection to the MS Access DB (using the J2SE plain adapater).

In case someone faces the last issue I'm describing, the way to solve it was changing the transaction isolation level. The following parameter must be included in the adapter configuration:

db.transactionIsolation=0

Be aware that the Mode parameter remained as :XMB2DB_XMLu201D

Hope this help and thanks everyone for the support.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Diego,

Did you successfully established connection to MS Access DB for PI running on Linux or Solaris server?

If yes please share me the JDBC driver details and connection parameter used.

Kindly help me there is an urgent requirement .