cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issues rendering WDA from portal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

When opening a WDA from portal, we encounter issues where the WDA does not seem to render and hangs.

This issue occurs sporadically. When this does occur, if re-activate the "UR" service in SICF, the issue goes away.

Can anyone shed some light on this issue?

Thanks and regards,

Duke

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Duke,

Basically, this is due to the problem in the Portal Eventing. Are you using Object Based Navigation or Obsolute Navigation??

Please revert back.

Regards,

-Syed.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Syed,

I was told from the portal administrator that Absolute Navigation is being used.

Thanks and regards,

Duke

ChrisPaine
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Duke,

I don't know that it is even potential a problem - but are you running on a multi server environment? Is it possible that some of the WD components are published and active on one server but not the other? And it might just be a load-balancing issue which is causing the rendering issues- if the app is running on a particular server it doesn't work?

Not sure if you have explored this possibility - but it might be worth looking into. Certainly it seems strange that reactivating the service would cause the rendering to work...

Have you also tried clearing all local files in the browser - clear cookies and cached files? Does that resolve the issue?

- Chris

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Duke,

By default, the Portal uses the Absolute Navigation. But please check to include the code under your component controller using the Object Based Navigation.

I hope, it should work.

Regards,

-Syed.