Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP system installation problem

former_member346857
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All ,

I am currently trying to install netweaver JAVA stack for enterprise portal on windows server 2003 x64 netweaver sr3 however I am getting the following error on phase 39 0f 42, I looked up the error and what I found was that I was using JAVA SDK 1.5, I have found in forums that JAVA SDK 1.5 does not work, however, I have since downloaded and installed j2sdk1.4.2_17-x64 I have changed the JAVA_HOME to this along with the JAVA home set in the system profile, since this I have tried to start the instances and the system starts all except for the server0 process and I go to resume the installation and the same error occurs.

Has anybody got any ideas as I really dont want to have to start the installation again.

Thanks

ERROR 2010-04-28 20:27:03.309

CJS-00030 Assertion failed: in

function NW_Call_Offline_CTC_ind_ind_ind_ind_SubComponentContainer_callOfflineCTC() {

var nw = NWInstall.getSystem(context.get("sid"));

var ctcDirFs = nw.getCI().getInstanceDir().concat("j2ee", "ctc");

var ctcExeFile = installer.onWindows() ? "LaunchOfflinectc.bat" : "LaunchOfflinectc.sh";

var ctcCall = ctcDirFs.concat(ctcExeFile);

installer.writeTrace("CTC is in" + ctcCall);

ASSERT(arguments.callee, ctcCall.isExisting(), "CTC executable cannot be found in " + ctcCall.toString());

var pmgt = new ProcessMgt();

var app = pmgt.createChildApplication(ctcCall, []);

var userData = nw.getUsers().getAccountData(NWUsers.roles.SIDAdm);

var user = (new AccountMgt()).getUser(userData.name);

var env = pmgt.getProcessEnvironment();

if (installer.onUnix()) {

env.setUser(user);

}

env.setWorkingDirectory(ctcDirFs.getNode());

env.setEnvironmentVariable(new Property("JAVA_HOME", nw.getJavaHome().toString()));

installer.writeTrace("For the Offline CTC Call, JAVA_HOME is set to " + env.getEnvironmentVariable("JAVA_HOME"));

app.setEnvironment(env);

var retval = app.run([], true);

ASSERT(arguments.callee, retval == 0, "CTC retval is not 0 but " + retval);

installer.writeTrace("CTC has been called in Offline Mode.");

}

CTC retval is not 0 but 1

ERROR 2010-04-28 20:25:21.44

FCO-00011 The step callOfflineCTC with step key |NW_Onehost|ind|ind|ind|ind|0|0|SAP_Software_Features_Configuration|ind|ind|ind|ind|6|0|NW_Call_Offline_CTC|ind|ind|ind|ind|7|0|callOfflineCTC was executed with status ERROR ( Last error reported by the step :Caught ESAPinstException in Modulecall: in

function NW_Call_Offline_CTC_ind_ind_ind_ind_SubComponentContainer_callOfflineCTC() {

var nw = NWInstall.getSystem(context.get("sid"));

var ctcDirFs = nw.getCI().getInstanceDir().concat("j2ee", "ctc");

var ctcExeFile = installer.onWindows() ? "LaunchOfflinectc.bat" : "LaunchOfflinectc.sh";

var ctcCall = ctcDirFs.concat(ctcExeFile);

installer.writeTrace("CTC is in" + ctcCall);

ASSERT(arguments.callee, ctcCall.isExisting(), "CTC executable cannot be found in " + ctcCall.toString());

var pmgt = new ProcessMgt();

var app = pmgt.createChildApplication(ctcCall, []);

var userData = nw.getUsers().getAccountData(NWUsers.roles.SIDAdm);

var user = (new AccountMgt()).getUser(userData.name);

var env = pmgt.getProcessEnvironment();

if (installer.onUnix()) {

env.setUser(user);

}

env.setWorkingDirectory(ctcDirFs.getNode());

env.setEnvironmentVariable(new Property("JAVA_HOME", nw.getJavaHome().toString()));

installer.writeTrace("For the Offline CTC Call, JAVA_HOME is set to " + env.getEnvironmentVariable("JAVA_HOME"));

app.setEnvironment(env);

var retval = app.run([], true);

ASSERT(arguments.callee, retval == 0, "CTC retval is not 0 but " + retval);

installer.writeTrace("CTC has been called in Offline Mode.");

}

CTC retval is not 0 but 1.).

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member346857
Participant
0 Kudos

In the end I just removed the sap installation and started from fresh.

The problem was I changed the JAVA_HOME, including the PATH environment variable including any registry settings but it still did not work, The problem was down to the fact that during setup you select the JCE policy and because I was using JAVA 1.5 I had to use the JCE 1.5 policy.

I dont know if there is a command which can change the policy version you use but this was the issue

Thanks for your help

Former Member
0 Kudos

you should use JDK1.4.

SAPINST can't support JDK1.5

Former Member
0 Kudos

j2sdk1.4.2_17-x64

I have changed the JAVA_HOME to this along with the JAVA home set in the system profile

Are you download special j2sdk for SAP ?

http://www.sun.com/software/javaforbusiness/sap_download.jsp

Are you set only JAVA_HOME without changing the PATH variabe ?

Stop the installation , change the PATH also, reboot (or relogin) and try with "continiue old installation" option.

Regards.