cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installing JAVA API

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello MDM Experts,

We are implementing SAP Netweaver MDM 7.1 For our customer, I have installed MDM On Windows systems and connected to SQL Database. Now MDM Developer team wants JAVA API Needs to be installed and configured.

I dont see any documentation specific to this installation on portals. Can you please share your experience?

I have the below understanding

Since MDM JAVA API Needs to be integrated to J2EE Engine, I will install J2EE Engine and deploy JAVA API Libraries in to it. once that is done Install MDM Connector using JSPM and Install NWDI on Developer machines.

Am i correct? Can some one please suggest me how i can achive this? I Really appreciate your help

Thanks,

Ravi

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Is your problem resolved or still you are facing the same problem?

Thanks/ -Tarun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Tarun,

I have installed WAS Java now

Deployed JAVA API to it

Java API is on SP2 and our MDM Is on sp4, Now i am trying to update API to SP4, I have downloaded SP4 file from market place, and placed the .SCA file in to EPS/Inbox.. but JSPM is unable to identify the newer versions. Any idea?

Another issue,After the deployment i will install NWDS on users desktop, now where should i reference the java jar files? If i keep jar files in server can mdm team would be able to use them?

Please let me know

Thanks a lot

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Did you get JSPM to recognize the new version of MDM_JAVA_API? I'm trying to upgrade from SP04 to SP05 but it doesn't recognize it. If I switch to force deploy, it picks up the old version but not the new.

I'm on AIX installing to CE 7.1.1 SP05.

Recognized:

MDMJ71004_20-10006189.SCA

Not recognized:

MDMJ71005_16-10006189.SCA

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can find all the MDM Java API related information like deploying the Java API and MDM Connector Using JSPM, Obtaining the Java API Libraries, Referencing the Java API Libraies, Installing and Referencing the MDM Connector etcin the below mentioned document.

Link: [MDM Java and .NET API Developer Guide|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nwmdm71/helpdata/en/72/d36e1ed3ce43028adc851b8fed5668/MDM_Java_Net_API_Guide.pdf]

Hope it may help you.

Thanks/ -Tarun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thats is correct. for more detailed info , please follow the steps

Deploying the Java API and Connector Using JSPM:

Use For deployment of the Java API and MDM Connector, use the SAP Java Support Package Manager (JSPM) tool.

Procedure

1. Copy the SCA file in the JSPM inbox folder.

2. Open and logon to the JSPM tool.

3. Deploy the Java API and Connector or apply the support package as follows:

Deployment of New Software:

First Step:Select Package Type

a. Select New Software Component.

b. Select No NWDI Control.

c. Click Next.

Second Step: Specify Queue

Select MDM_JAVA_API

Third Step: Check Queue

Fourth Step: Deploy Queue

When the deployment is complete, the deployment status is displayed in the status tab.

If the deployment was successful, the wizard advances to the Completed step.

Fifth Step: Completed

Apply Support Package:

First Step: Select Package Type

a. Select Single Support Packages.

b. Select No NWDI Control.

c. Click Next.

Second Step: Specify Queue

Select MDM_JAVA_API

Third Step: Check Queue

Fourth Step: Deploy Queue

When the deployment is complete, the deployment status is displayed in the status tab.

If the deployment was successful, the wizard advances to the Completed step.

Fifth Step: Completed

4. Exit the JSPM tool.