Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vendor deleted in the backend - Cannot change the vendor in SRM PO

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We are on SRM 5.0 (EC Scenario). The issue here is lets say

1) SC is populated by a Preferred vendor (123) and approved

2) At this time if the vendor is blocked in the backend, and we have a back ground job scheduled to update vendors in SRM for any changes in R/3

3) Now in SRM if the buyer is trying to change the vendor( 456) in SOCO, there is an error saying 123 (Preferred Vendor is locked/blocked in SRM)

I am assuming that this is a bug in the system, Have anyone faced a similar issue.

Please let me know if there are any OSS Notes to look in to for this issue.

Thanks in advance!!

Krishna

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

please give time stamping

when did you block in ECC?

when you assign vendor?

how in cockpit you get this error ?

are you geting this error in application monitor. in the cockpit no validation will be there

CHECK manage BP - is it LOCK centrally?

if not centralised - your sync job do not do work. for this you can verify with sap.

Muthu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Muthu,

when did you block in ECC?

Right after SC is approved and when its in Purchaser's worklist

when you assign vendor?

Preferred vendor is assigned in SC

how in cockpit you get this error ?

If i am trying to order the PO, System throws these two erros

Vendor 123 is locked for organizational unit Purchasing

System status INCM is active (Purchase Order XXXXXXXXX)

are you geting this error in application monitor. in the cockpit no validation will be there

SLG1 shows the same--Vendor 123 is locked for org unit purchasing

CHECK manage BP - is it LOCK centrally?

In the BP Transaction for this vendor--Status shows- Cental block radio button --unchecked.

if not centralised - your sync job do not do work. for this you can verify with sap.

Coming to sync job not working fine. I tried creating another SC with 123 as preferred vendor, system would throw an error right at the SC level, I am assuming that synch job is working fine.

)

Any notes that i should be looking in to

Any other inputs?

Krishna

Former Member
0 Kudos

FYI

It works fine..if i delete the po and then start over from SOCO. I am able to change the vendor with no hassles.

Wonder why cant it be done in the first step itself?

Krishna

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Krishna

if you blocked a vendor, next time when you create a sc, the vendor should not come ...

Muthu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Muthu,

Good news is that system lets you delete the vendor in Process PO txn , and then user can populate the valid vendor.

Wonder why system is ok with deletion of vendor and not a change on the blocked vendor for SRM PO.This is a good work around,but wanted to know the root cause of this issue. Any idea what could be the issue?

Thanks for your assistance so far!!

Krishna

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

i would always recommend you to set a deletion flag via ECC and the same will be replicated into SRM.

my best practice never touch the vendor in srm transactions rather than ECC. i would recomend you to do all changes in ecc only not via SRM

Muthu.