cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cProjects integration with other modules (PS, CS, QM, PM, CO)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

we are currently facing the thema of cProjects integration with other ERP modules such PS CS QM PM CO, basing on business requirements on different project types.

PS accounting integration is included in the standard so this is just a case of cProjects/ERP customizing. But how does it look like with another modules, how could it be done. Maybe some hints or documents are available?

Thank you

Best Regards

Wojciech

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

anuradha_majumdar
Active Participant
0 Kudos

For Accounting integration of cProjects you can use PS or internal orders. Check out Accounting Integration under

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_ppm450sp04/helpdata/en/43/054880bbe822f5e10000000a1553f7/frameset.htm

I do not know whether integration exists with other modules.

Anuradha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Thanks for the link, I have analyzed it already as mentioned earlier - it is available in the standard of cProjects.

I found something like "Object links". Is it used for the integration to PS Accounting module? Maybe this can be enhanced to use to integrate to another modules like QM CS CO etc, where I need to connect project objects (tasks) to another objects like Cost Center etc.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Wojciech,

Yes you can use object links to link cprojects with SAP objects like production orders, sales orders, quality notifications, and purchase orders.

Some of the object links are pre-defined by SAP and you can use them as it is. You will have to activate them in customising

Collaboration Projects -> Connections to external systems->Object links in SAP system.

If you choose to you can also link your custom objects.

Regards,

Debaranjan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Thank you for the helpful answer. Anyway I have some more questions if you could help I would be grateful.

As far as I know, in standard cProjects it is possible to link to external PS module in Accounting tab on project level.

My question is if it is neccessary to program additionaly in ABAP the object links, or is it enough to use object links delivered in SAP standard, that I have a neccessary behaviour - linking cProjects Tasks into external objects like Orders from let's say SD module?

Thank you for the hint how to approach that problem. I think I would need to program customer tab with a customer WebDynpro screen and connection between cProjects tasks and external objects like Orders from MM or SD.

Regards!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Debaranjan,

We were looking for RFCs or something to get info from SAP ECC system to cProjects, like MM Material master and MM Vendor Master.

Our team has found Object Links and we're wondering if this customizing could be helpful to do what we'd like to do.

Could you please give us any hint or share your experience dealing with that customizing? Any docs would be appreciated also.

Thanks in advance for your help and support,

Kind Regards,

TP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Integration of Cprojects and PS is standard one provided with cPR package. Here you need to do cofig settings in cProjects -> externals system -> accounting integration. You need to have integratin at WBS level where WBS will as cost collectors from PS end. We have here two option, wherein we can have automatic PS project with structure created once you trnasfer cProject project or manual account assignment wherein we can connect cProjects tasks with PS WBSE.

Object link with other SAP objects we can use for ready reference in cProjects, here you can create plenty of objects with standard SAP system. we need to config this in SPRO.

Pramod

Former Member
0 Kudos

I would look at this problem that this should be divided into two parts, what is available, please correct if I am wrong.

[http://help.sap.com/saphelp_ppm450sp04/helpdata/en/43/054880bbe822f5e10000000a1553f7/frameset.htm]

Have a look at this link from help.sap.com

From tab "Accounting" on the project level, it is only possible to integrate cProjects elements (project, task, phase etc) with either WBS Elements, or Internal Order. It is programmed under DPR_ACCOUNTING web dynpro component. Unfortunately I think this is all when it comes to accounting integration in cProjects.

We personally in our scope have a requirement to integrate under Accounting tab with other ERP Modules (like for example more WBS Elements per cProjects task, CS Order, QM Order etc). We solve this by making a lot of programming as enhancements to DPR_ACCOUNTING.Another thing are changes/enhancements to CATS so that it is possible to book hours / work on that elements.

From the other side there are object links. In standard there are a lot of documents allowing to "integrate" cProjects with other ERP Elements. Unfortunately I think this is not coming with for example with CATS integration. These are simply links, which allow to save many elements per cProejcts task (for example). Then it is possible to view it etc. But it is not accounting integration.

How do you think?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

There is standard integration of cProjects and CATS, you can do the time confirmation in the same way you do it in PS. We need to maintain BP and Personal No replationship, once that is done then resource can fill time against the task he is assigned for in cProjects. There is one article on the same in Wiki under cProjects section.

i hope this will help you to form solution.

Pramod

Answers (0)