cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Solution Manager Root Cause Analysis successful implementation ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I've had the joys of trying to implement RCA for our systems for our company. I feel I am reaching the end of the process that solman_setup has directed but even though I have all green lights for a couple of our systems I still don't show any responses within the workcenter.

We are running V6R1, IT4J JVM and a SP22 SolMan system. I have Wily installed, saphost agents, CCMS agents, and SMD agents on each server/LPar.

My question is to anyone that has been able to setup RCA and been able to use the tool; being on the iSeries I always feel things are bit more difficult for us and documentation doesn't always include us. Do you have any tips or tricks to get this working or can you think of something that I might be missing?

Thank you for any responses and of course I'd be happy to talk about the process if you are curious.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ryan

It is quite strange that , No Responses for your Beeming Thread,

For a long time in the year 2010 , I want to ask you ,

Are you reaping the fruits of RCA, which you have implemented ?

could you share views on how to go about for RCA on any of repeatative problems which is occuring for ABAP and JAVA

instances, ?

or hint me the portal or the links for , finding , for RCA for issues related to SAP NETWEAVER

Thanks in Advance

Regards

Siddharth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Unfortunately after I was able to get it running for our Production systems we made an OS change that completely changed our landscape and with that destroyed my RCA.

We made the move to independent ASPs for each system and made host name changes to DNS.

Also since the change we've upgraded SPs and I just haven't had time to get back into it.

Sorry, not much help from me right now.

Ryan