cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DropDownByKey UI element always Disabled

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have created a dropdownbykey UI element and I have bound the selected key to the view context element which is of simple type country. In the local dictionary I have created a simple type country and given it values like India, USA etc..

But when I run the application, the dropdownbykey element is always disabled. Please help. Does someone know what I am doing wrong.

Thank you.

Ashish

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ashish,

Check the cardinality of the node bound to this control make it 1..n. Reason is, You dont have a element under the context where the data can be hold.When you set it to 1..n frame work will create one for you.else you need to create an element of the node using createandelement method.

The property selectedKey must be bound to a context attribute Key having a simple type like String with a value set.

The selectable items of the drop-down list are the keys of the value set, the displayed texts are the corresponding values. The currently selected item is given by the current value of property selectedKey.

Deepak!!!

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks guys for the replies. Its working now.

former_member214651
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ashish,

Have u binded the Dropdown by key "Selected Property" to a context Node? if you have binded to a Node, then u need to create an object of the node for the UI to be enabled

Instead, create a context attribute and set the type to the Simple type created.

Regards,

Poojith MV