cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems with user on ABAP+JAVA WAS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sirs,

I have an ABAP WAS 7.00 where we have installed a JAVA WAS 7.00 as an add-on. The UME in the JAVA WAS is set up as read-only, and as far as I can understand all the user management is performed in the ABAP.

However if I create a user in the ABAP, this is not visible in the Java WAS.

Now I need my normal user to be visible in the JAVA WAS, in order to be able to log on to a Webdynpro application.

Does my user need any special authorization or roles in order to be visible in the JAVA WAS. I have a user J2EE_ADMIN in the ABAP WAS which is visible in the JAVA WAS as well, but I am unable to see what makes it special.

Best regards,

Jørgen

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

achim_hauck2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Jorgen,

are you sure, you have created the users in the correct client in abap? usually this would be client 001, you can check the client you're connecting from the UME via

http://<host>:<port>/webdynpro/dispatcher/sap.com/tcsecumewdumeadmin/UmeAdminApp

click on "User Management Configuration" and "SAP System"

kr, achim

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Achim,

thanks for your tip. I have checked, and everything looks ok. The client is set to 001.

As I previously stated one of my users, J2EE_admin exsist both places.

Any other hints, or link to relevant documentation on UME on a ABAP+JAVA was.

Best regards,

Jørgen

achim_hauck2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Jorgen,

what happens if you do a search with "*" in the UME?

what users are listed and what's their "data source"?

to my knowledge, there's nothing special to do for these users to be listed in the UME.

kr, achim

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello again,

If I search with * I get a list of around 27 users, where around half of them has R3_DATASOURCE and the rest PRIVATE_DATASOURCE.

So this is what I think is so strange, it seems like the connection between ABAP and JAVA Was is ok, yet not all the users are visible in the JAVA was.

Best regards,

Jørgen

Message was edited by: Jørgen Ruud

achim_hauck2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Jorgen,

which data source configuration file do you use? "data Sources" in the UME (e.g. dataSourceConfiguration_abap.xml)

check note 718383 for the differences between the config. files.

did you change the configuration? some changes are unsupported (see above note)

kr, achim

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Achim,

thanks for your help. It looks now like the JAVA WAS is pointing to client 001, while our abap was is running on client 404. I guess this can be the error source, so we will try to alter this parameter.

Thanks for your help.

Answers (0)