cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to delete a checked in activity

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I am facing a problem with activating a checked in activity and wish to delete it.

I had created an activity for a Web Dynpro DC and added some folders from the "gen_wdp" folder of the project structure. The intention was to just create an activity without any code changes. Now this activity is not getting activated. The activation does not give any error but does not complete even after several hours. Because of this activity, I am unable to activate any new activity as well since this is taken as a predecessor activity. Can this faulty activity be removed or deleted from the system? If no, what options do I have to again be able to activate new activities for this DC?

Thanks in advance.

Thanks & Regards,

Ankur

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ankur,

First of all: you can not delete an activity that is already closed i.e. all its elements are checked in.

Try creating a new activity, where you just delete the previously added folders (using the DTR context menu) and check it in and activate it also with all its dependencies.

I hope this helps.

Regards,

Alain

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am facing the same error. I have checked-in the activity but getting the error while trying to activated the activity.

After checked in - i am not getting the any such option --Revert activitty or delete activity.

This activity is alreday closed.. what i can do with this activity?? After this error i am not able to activate any activity. I am getting the below error in all the activity.

package com.sap.aii.proxy.framework.core does not exist even though i have added this into the JRE path in NWDS. Do i need to import the same version file somewhere into J2ee server or somewhere else??

Regards,

Narpal

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

shreyas_pandya
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ankur,

There are totally 4 principle workspaces in NWDI as below...

1) Development Inactive

2) Development Active

3) Consolidation Inactive

4) Consolidation Active

Now, when you make any modification in your DC, those modifications are wrapped inside an activity

When you Check-In this activity, these changes are settled in the Development Inactive Workspace of the DTR.

When you Activate the activity these changes are settled in the Development Active Workspace of the DTR.

When you Release the same changes it gets settled in the Consolidation Inactive Workspace of the DTR.

When you Import the same changes into Consolidation tab of your track in CMS, then the changes are settled in the Consolidation Active Workspace of the DTR.

Now, here comes the interesting part...

Once you Check-In the activity, you cannot revert it back.

But, what you can do is that you can activate and release that activity and once it is present under the Consolidation queue, from there you can delete it.

and then create a new activity and wrap the changes that you didn't want in the same activity.

But, if you are not sure of the changes that you want to undo, then you can try using the following option too.

Right click your DC in the relevant Perspective (e.g. WebDynpro), and choose DTR>Advanced Sync>Sync to Date...

Here, you can provide the exact date & time of your working code and sync your DC to the same Timestamp.

hope this will help you...

Regards,

Shreyas Pandya

ErvinSzolke
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi All,

first of all, an activity which is already closed cannot be reverted, and these activities cannot be deleted any more.

See details at:

Further, folders like gen_wdp must not be checked in, see:

Best Regards,

Ervin

Edited by: Ervin Szolke on Oct 1, 2010 2:56 PM

p330068
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ankur

Go to Activation view and revert the activities you want and after that delete it.

Hope it helps

Regards

Arun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ankur,

did you try to revert this activity or is the status "closed" now?

Kind Regards

Jan