cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to change the warning msg V1406 to error msg

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I am not able to find out the config node where I can change the Message V1406 from a warning to hard error.

This message is for the materials marked for deletion.

Right now when I create a sales order it just gives a warning that Material is flagged for deletion. Is there a way where I can make it a hard error so that sales order cannot be created.

Can this be done through config?

let me know

Thanks

SAP Fan...

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friend,

Just go to SE91 put the Message Class V1 there And in No. field enter the message number (Ex: If message no V1293 enter the number as 293)

AND

go for where used in then select only Program >ok then Program will come select the Program > double click, you will l find the message with the Description.

Now with help of ABAPER with just comment on these both the messages. afterwards you will Get the Error message.

OR

Please find the below link

Hope this will helps you

Dasaradha

Edited by: dasaradha ramireddy on Jan 14, 2012 10:15 AM

SmileZhang
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

Only message type of message class V4 could be customized.

Message type of V1 messages are hard-coded which means that you could only modify standard program to have the message type changed.

You could consider adding your own check in userexit.

Thanks and best regards,

Smile

former_member207059
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

As you are aware, that the below information message is due to Material is marked for deletion. Instead of changing the warning msg to error msg, (as it is not available in std SAP), we can maintain the "X-distr.chain status" in Material Master to block the same for Sales.

Before maintaining the Material Master, we can define the Sales Statuses in the following menupath, for the system to behave with Warning or Error Message:

SPRO - IMG - Logistics General - Material Master - Settings for Key Fields - Data Relevant for SD - Define Sales Statuses.

Here, you can define the conditions for this Sales Status like if a material is defined with Sales Status of "A1", then that material has to be blocked at Inquiry or Quatotion or Sales Order or Contract Level as per your requirement.

Let me know, if you need any further info.

Ravi.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can try to add your message to the view V_160M (TCODE SM30).

Version: [BLANK]

Appl.A.: V1

No. 406

Cat E.

If SAP standard enable customization of this specific message (i.e. V1406 message is not hardcoded), then there is possibility, that it solve your problem.

Maybe this hint helps.

Otherwise, you can go into scenario given in previous post.

regards,

Wojciech

Edited by: Wojciech Zalech on Apr 29, 2010 11:54 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

How about the following - You can have requirement in pricing procedure checking if material is marked for deletion or not. I mean that mandatory pricing condition, for example list price, is only allowed for materials which are not marked for deletion.

I did not find such requirement in standard SAP, but it should not be difficult to write it.

As a result order containing materials marked for deletion will be incomplete.

Another idea is to enhance user exits doing for example:

MV45AFZB and USEREXIT_CHECK_VBAP or MV45AFZZ and USEREXIT_SAVE_DOCUMENT_PREPARE

Kind regards

W.Prawecki