cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to default PLLK Status Automatically

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts ,

Does some one suggests how to default the system status "PLLK" (Planning Locked) When the project is created .

This is to avoid the user to set this Manually.

Regards

Judy

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Adapted user status

anuradha_majumdar
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Create a user status profile for WBS elements. Set an initial status. In this select business transaction "Lock Planning" and choose option Set.

You can do this at WBS level not project level.

Regards,

Anuradha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts ,

Thanks for your inputs .

Ahmed ~ Thanks for your suggestion of using BADI However, we want to pursue with standard available options as priority so, Pursuing the option of Using the user status.

Anuradha , Thanks for your suggestion to use User status .W e have already using the user status with an User status profile .Now , we have a user status called "QUOT" which is set as intial status and i have linked this "PLLK"to the same status with "SET " and "Allowed" .

But still, when i created the project i could not find the "PLLK"status as system status .

Did i miss something out in the process....

Kind Regards

Judy

virendra_pal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

do not tick allowed

just use the Set radio button in Lock Planning business transaction

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Virendar ,

Thanks for the update .Here is how the settings are made...

For influence section it is set as "NO INFLUENCE " and for the next action it "SET" .

Still the same ..The status is not being updated for WBS level as"PLLK" .

Regards

Judy

virendra_pal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

sorry I might have misled you . . .

You have two options to so this

Option 1 - Read Ahmed's post

Option 2 - use of user status

Go to transaction BS23

Scroll down to System status PLLK (I0061)

Double click on PLLK

This will give you all the business transactions that need to be disallowed (forbidden).

Add all these to your bsuiness current user status

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Virendar ,

I have done all the required things in BS22 .Now it is time for us to default this system status when a project is created .

I have assigned this to an user status which has "Initial "status but unfortunately the ststus"PLLK"is not being called inspite of all these ....

Not sure whether i miss anything out here in this process.

Ahmeds option of using BAdi was the last option we would like to pursue as that involves technical part to certain extent .

Thanking you for your inputs once again

Regards

Judy

virendra_pal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

PLLK status will not be seen but all business transactions disallowed by that status will apply

why are you stuck on PLLK

Check what happens - can you plan?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Virendar ,

Thanks for your reply and queries.

Here is how the requirement is ...

Let us go by the logic of PLLK status is active but no seen .When we try to plna it will definitely prohibit planning .However, when an end user wants to Plan he / she , shall remove the status and carries out the Planning and immedietly sets the Lock .At times some of WBS elements shall be Planned and some are locked .This is a continuous process of Lock and Unlock..based on business needs.Untill unless one sees the status visible it is hard to continue with so many people working on Planning side .

This is the reason why it is utmost important to see the status "PLLK " Visible like any other status .

Thanking you once again

Kind Regards

Judy

virendra_pal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

so create a user status called PLLK with the business transactions didsallowed as explained earlier

point is why does it have to PLLK - don't get stuck on the name it can be called anything e.g. ZPLK - infact I would never name it the same as an existing one as it will create the very confusion that you are facing

you must understand that system status cannot be used for this purpose with the option I am suggesting - If you want system status PLLK then you have to use development

former_member203108
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You need call a BADI during saving of project, which should check the System Status CRTD and then use BAPI/ FM to set the system status to PLLK. For WBS element you can use WORKBREAKDOWN_UPDATE, and for project definition you can use PROJECTDEF_UPDATE

NathanGenez
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

have you looked at the user status configuration? There is a setting that can be maintained that will solve this.

-nathan