cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question on miscellaneous settings from latest AC5.3 ConfigGuide

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

in the latest AC5.3 ConfigGuide (Version 3.16 - February 2010), there is on page 32 under "Miscellaneous" the following

The report directory on the SAP Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) application

servers. This is the temporary storage location for security reports generated by

background jobs. Virtual directories delivered in the ERP system, such as

DIR_HOME and DIR_TMP, are supported. These directories are viewed with SAP

ERP transaction, AL11. The same directory name is used for all SAP back-end

systems.

I was wondering what kind of reports any backend would store in the defined directory, if RAR usually should pull all information from the system directly.

Question:

For what purposes is this setting used?

Which spool files shoud be uploaded there by backends and pulled into RAR?

(I assume the three FTP parameters Server/User/Password that are on the same settings page complete the "setup" of this setting).

Thanks Thomas

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

koehntopp
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Nononono... you're on the wrong track here.

This is for the RAR "Security Reports" which may take a long time and can be sent to the background. When the jobs have finished on the ERP backend, they can transfer their results to the directory via ftp.

To be honest, this is not used a lot, and probably a difficult implementation (don't let me start about security...)

Frank.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Frank,

thanks for the explanation. I may be sitting on my eyes, but I can't find "Security Reports" in the Config Guide.

What reports are they? Can you give me their name and where I can find a documentation about it?

Regards, Thomas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas,

There is a small description of "Security Reports" on page 73 under "Informer Tab".

These are adhoc reports that you generate for information of users, roles, profiles, and action usage.

You can access these reports in RAR going to "Informer" tabs and select "Security Reports" from left side menu.

Best Regards,

Sirish Gullapalli.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sirish,

those reports seem to gather their data online in the system. That does not fit to my original question, what report would be stored in the directory to be pulled from there by RAR.

So the question still is the same. Which ABAP reports are run and stored in the directory specified in the miscellaneous settings.

Thanks and regards,

Thomas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Thomas,

What Frank said is correct!

This directory in backend will be used to store the outcome of the Security Reports such as "Count Authorizations for Users" , "Count Authorization for Roles" which are available in the Informer Tab of RAR. If you run these reports in online (foreground mode) then the data will be fetched online, otherwise when you run them in the background mode then RAR will schedule a job to fetch this data. Usually these reports will bring a lot of data so these can be run in background mode for faster processing. This data will be fetched from the backend and stored in this directory in backend and then later pulled into RAR via FTP.

The settings related to FTP under miscellaneous tab complete this process. I hope this helps.

Regards, Varun

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

martin_trachsel
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas,

There are output files from the ABAP system, which are generated with SA38 programs.

This files are 1. Authorization objects and 2. Text of authorization Objects which you have to upload to RAR. In RAR you can plan a job for these files or you can do it manually.

This files you can put on application server for automatically upload in RAR.

Cheers,

Martin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Martin,

to which jobs are you referring, please?

/VIRSA/ZCC_DOWNLOAD_SAPOBJ

/VIRSA/ZCC_DOWNLOAD_DESC

for the USOBT_C data and static texts?

Is this the setting to automate the upload (in system which have "heavy" custom development for example)?

Or am I misunderstanding you?

Thanks for your reply so far,

regards

Thomas