cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quality pending Stock transfer from plant to depot

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Is it possible to send the quality pending stocks from plant to the depot ?

Quality clearance for the finished goods in our process would take 2 days. So the client wants to do a stock transfer of this quality pending stock to the depot to save time. If the quality results are successful, the stocks in depot need to be changed to unrestricted status else these stocks need to be transferred back to the plant.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all ,

Thanks for the responses. Have the following issues

@ SujitSND

The following would be the issue If I use QAC2 i cannot print my excise documents,it would be a simple stock transfer from plant to plant alone. So how to handle the same ?

@FireFighter

Option 1 seems an attractive proportion but the issue would be of entering the quality values twice. Its more like a doubling of effort from the factories perspective

Option 3 not viable as of now as i dont have QM module in my depots

Could you explain option 2 in detail ??

Former Member
0 Kudos

The following would be the issue If I use QAC2 i cannot print my excise documents,it would be a simple stock transfer from plant to plant alone. So how to handle the same ?

As I told by some one STO is one options with activating 01 in receiving plant or 02 in sending plant.Also as I told you there is two step stock transfer with 303 & 305 mvt type.

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ref Option 1 - Not sure why you think you need to enter results twice. You enter the results for the ones you complete in the first day/hrs....whatever... make the UD.

You go in an enter the long term characteristics later. There is no double entry. You don't renter the earlier test results.

Ref Option 3 - You don't need QM in your depots. The type 10 delivery inspection is created in the plant shipping the materials.

Ref Option 2 - In option 2 you would have your regular inspection lot created. But someone would go in and post the stock to unrestricted stock with restricted batch status. Not sure what else you want me to elaborate on. When results are completed, they can go on and make the UD to unrestricted stock, unrestricted batch status. In the meantime the STO can be created, picked and shipped with the batch in restricited status. In can be received and unloaded and is posted with restricted batch status. When the UD is made and the batch status changed, the material at the depot will automatically show up in unrrestricted stock and be available for sale. One caution. The batch status affects the ENTIRE batch quantity. So if you for instance you use the same batch number for receiving qty's against the same or different orders, (for the same material), then you'll have multiple inspection lots. Once one lot chagnes the batch status, it is changed for all the qtys on all lots.

FF

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi FF,

Thanks for the replies. In option2 with restricted batch status i am not able to do a stock transfer but able to issue the material within plant. any thoughts with this ?

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check with your SD people. i beleive they can set up which stock types can be selected for different delivery types.

FF

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

QAC2 is the transaction where you can post stock from plant to plant ,storage location to stoarage locattion within quality status.

Once you give UD you can post it as per your requirement.

Or also you can also try with long term inspection concept.

Just try whether it can work for you.

Regards

SANIL

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Option 1) I would think that only certain tests require the full 2 days for testing. Set these up as long-term characteristics.

Make the UD when initial results are cleared. In 2 days you can come back in, record the results, and change the UD.

Option 2) If you are using STO's to move the material to the depot, you could also post the stock with restricted batch status. That allows it to be moved on STO's but not customer deliveries. Once the resutls are in, you use QA12 to go in and modify the batch status.

Option 3) Last but not least, you could use two inspection lots. Do the initial tests on the 04 lot and make the UD. When you create the delivery to the depot, create an inspection type 10, with the QM in SD record set up as "after delivery". The results for the longer tests are then recorded in the inspection type 10 inspection lot.

FF

Former Member
0 Kudos

also check the possibility of using the 301 (single step tranfer)

or

303& 305 ( two step transfer) if exise is comes into picture.

former_member662213
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please use transaction QAC2 to transfer stock from plant to plant or storage location to storage location.

Thanks

SUMIT