cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Generic service to populate fields in HCM Processes and Forms

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Friends,

I am developing generic service to populate some fields in HCM Processes and Forms. Please let me know whether i need to develop a single service for each field in the form or is better to write one generic service for all the form fields.

Thanks in Advance

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sapient,

By right, generic service means to be generic so that it can be re-used in any HCM forms thats needed the field/validation from the generic service.

Unfortunately in real situation, generic service are not reusable for some reasons:

- for the same field same field might have different validation in different form.

- there is dependency, example, to read special field

The key thing here is all about the design and planing before development. Whereby if you have all the info and requirement HCM form to be implemented(which you wont get it for most of the cases), and you have the overall view of all HCM to be implemented and you are able to plan ahead before coding, then you can design the generic service for each/related field.

If it is not the case, i would encourage to use 1 generic service for all the field in the HCM form. It would ease the team during support/maintenance phrase as well. For sample, please refer to HRMSSRCF_REQUISITION_ADVANCED for Create Requisition form.

This is my humble opinion based on my experience working on HCM forms. Please do comments and discuss.

regards,

Xiang Li