cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Generic service to populate fields in HCM Processes and Forms

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Friends,

I am developing generic service to populate some fields in HCM Processes and Forms. Please let me know whether i need to develop a single service for each field in the form or is better to write one generic service for all the form fields.

Thanks in Advance

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

ChrisSolomon
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Wow.

You seriously expect an answer? You have a very vague explaination of what you are doing. It will all depend on MANY things whether using one GS or many is the best route. There is no single answer to that. Some GS's you will develop might be reusable across other processes (if you plan ahead) while some may/will be specific to your form scenario (and even step specific). So....yeh....no easy answer for you.

IanStubbings
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sapient

Both Xiang Li and Chris replies are valid. Ideally you will use one main GS for your form but you may find that you use the same functionality across several forms - an action type dropdown for example. In this situation, you would have two, the main one and the cross form one. I would also suggest using the same class if you are implementing the advanced generic service as that you can pass values from the do_operation to the flush method via instance variables.

Cheers

Ian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sapient,

I would suggest to use single generic service for all form fields.

Reason:-

1) All code for validation/help dataset/prefill form value are implemented in same class. This would definitely ease developer to perform support in future.

2) All form field values are available in service data set, thus you no need to maintain list of special_field to read the form field of others generic service.

Hope this helps.

regards,

Xiang Li