cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SD Custom status

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SAP gurus,

I would like to manage custom status in sales order positions.

I used the customizing SALES-> SALES DOCUMENTS -> Define and Assign Status Profile.

I created my schema with 3 different status, and I would like that one of these status blocks the requirements in MD04.

Does any one of you can help me?

I would like to avoid using rejection reason, because the position is not rejected, it is only in a status that should not create any production requirement.

Thanks a lot in advance.

Francesco Chioni

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you dont want to generate any requirement in MD04 for a material when sale order is created, there is a way.

First you have to identify what schedule line category is flowing in your sale order. Next go to VOV6, select that schedule line category and execute. There untick the field "Req./Assembly". But please note this will have impact to all materials created with that particular item category. So if you dont want to have this for all materials falling under that item category, you should differentiate via VOV5.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot for your kind reply.

I could play with user exits taking into account your suggestion.

But before approacing to exits I would like to understand the possibility to use statuses (the position has really to pass from one status to another), like a release procedure where statuses must be tracked.

Example: Custom Status A "draft", the position is active, but no requirement

Custom Status B "approved", the position is active, but with requirements

If anyone has other info about this topics...

Thanks a lot.

Frank

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Frank

In your case you have to implement the requirement through user exits only. Check the status of your sales order in JEST table if its B then go aheasd with requirement else block the requirement.

try and revert

Answers (0)