cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dynamic Modification Rule issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Everybody,

I am new to DMR. I created a new DMR with following entries on the creation screen :

Dynamic Modification - For usage decision

Then I clicked on 'Next screen' and made following entries :

Stage InspSev Skip Ist Shortext No of Inspections Max. Skip Dur. New Stage Rejections New Insp Stage

1 4 tick Normal 2 2 1 3

2 tick Easy 5 0 2 1 3

3 6 Tight 2 1 1 3

I attached this DMR to the Inspection Plan header of a material and also selected 'Dynamic modification at lot level' there. Now here is what I expected to happen :

1. Stage1 will be the initial stage

2. If 2 lots are approved the inspection stage will change to Stage2 and as the 'Skip' check box is ticket for Stage2, no more lots will be created

3. The system wont create lots unless I keep on approving all the lots

4. If 1 lot is rejected, the system will change to Stage3 and lots will start getting generated

5. If 2 lots are approved once again the system will change to Stage1

To test this I created a PO of 50 quantity and did GRs for 1 quantity each. The lots were created and I approved all of them. I always did the next GR when the previous lot was approved. But repeatedly the lots were created and there was no skip at all. Please let me know whats wrong in my process.

Regards,

Manish.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check your material first in the inspection type set up for 01 and make sure the indicator "skip lots allowed" is ticked on.

FF

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The 'Skips allowed' check box was not ticket for Inspection Type 01 in QM view of Material Master. I checked it now. But again when I do the GRs using the existing PO I didnt see any lots skipped and inspection lots are getting createf for every GR.

Please guide.

Regards,

Manish.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi FF,

Thanks for your prompt response. One more question. I want to attach DMR at MIC level in the Quality Plan but the 'Modification Rule' field is grayed out. What settings are to be done to attach DMR at MIC level in Quality Plan ?

Regards,

Manish.

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In the header of the inspection plan you have to change the setting from DMR at lot level to DMR at characteristic level.

You can only do one or the other.

FF

Answers (0)