cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Binding radio button in a group for a column in a table

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a table that is bound to a context node with three attributes. The node has cardinality 0..n. One of the attributes is boolean, so i want a radio button in each row and we can set radio button in any one row. Currently, i am unable to achieve this. Each radio button can be selected, so am unable to combine them as a group. The scenario is something like setting a row data as default out of many rows using the radio button. How do i achieve this? Could you please help.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

Just click this link there is an example might help you.

Link: [ Radio button|http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/d0aba847-ff58-2c10-4a98-c0fad334c5aa?quicklink=index&overridelayout=true]

Regards and Best wishes.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can use element Radio Button instead of radio button group.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kiran,

Thanks for your reply. But the problem is still not clear i feel. A simpler explanation of my scenario is something like this: There is a table with few columns, two of which are Name and IsDefault. The table has many rows. Out of many name rows which are there in the table only one can be default at a particular time. So we would require a radio button for this scenario in the IsDefault column. And the radio button can be selected in any one row at a time.

Eg:

At one point of time. when BBB is default:

Name IsDefault

AAA

BBB X

CCC

When CCC is default:

Name IsDefault

AAA

BBB

CCC X

Could you let me know how to achieve this?

Edited by: Varalaxmi Bhandarkar B on Apr 29, 2010 5:15 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

If I understand you requirement, then e.g. you have the 2 radio buttons in two columns in a table row and you want to select the two Radio buttons at a time.

Is the senario correct? If so, then as per my knowledge you can not select two radio buttons at a time. You can only select one Radio button at a time.

If these Radio buttons are not in the table row and they are independant then you can select both Radio buttons at a time by giving different KeytoSelect key.

Lets wait for SAP gurus explaination on this issue, if they have any tip & trick for the issue.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sanket,

Thanks for your reply. But i think the understanding of the scenario is not clear yet.

Let me try to explain another example. Say there are many students in a class. Only one of them can be the class representative. So each row in the table consists of student details, lets say two of these columns are a string field 'Student Name' and a boolean field 'Class Representative' which is radio button in my case . Only one student can be class rep at a particular time. So only one of the rows will have the radio button selected for the column 'Class Representative'. In other rows the radio button will not be selected.

Hope this scenario helps to arrive to a solution.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please refer the WDR_TEST_EVENTS component.In that component, refer table application.

I think vertical radio buttons in table represent the scenario which you explained.....

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check the below PDF for working with Horizontal Radio buttons in a table:

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/d0aba847-ff58-2c10-4a98-c0fad334c...