cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alerts are not seen in aleet monitor

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I have transported alert profile to Q system.

When i generate alerts, i can see the alerts in interactive planning. But the same alerts are not seen in alert monitor.

The alerts are data base alerts.

Please let me know if u need some more info.

Immediate response is highly appreciated.

BR

Vijay

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Which alerts you are trying to find out? Are they dynamic or database alerts? You may probably see only database alerts.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manoj,

We can see both alerts ( DB and dynamic) in alert monitor.

DB alerts must be generated and written on database (interactively or via a batch job) before you display them in alert monitor standalone. The DB macros cannot be started from alert monitor standalone.

There is an OSS note 495166 : Tips and Tricks For handling Alert Monitor.

This I think will be useful for you.

Please also check that when you transported the alert profile , you need to check if all the contents are transported.

I hope this will help you,

Please check and confirm.

Regards

Datta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Probably the wordings from my side was not proper. As mentioned you can see both alerts and it can be corroborated in any SAP document including help.sap.com as well. What I meant that may be you see only database alerts or dynamic alerts based on you configuration/ selection in Alert Monitor. Just check whether you have selected the proper alerts in Alert Monitor and have also defined various threshold values. And also see if planning situation gives sufficient data to generate alerts.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please check the database alerts table /SAPAPO/AM_ALERT if you see any alerts then need to check the profile .

Regards,

MJ

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vijay,

What version of SCM you are on ?

If you are on version 5.1 or below, then please have a look at Note 794956 AMON: Inconsistencies on Database /SAPAPO/PAT.

Also, In Alert Monitor have you checked the consistency of the Alert profile ?

Regards,

Datta