SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

meter reading estimation logic

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Gurus,

I have an meter readign estimation scenario where i have to find out the avegage consumpton based on past 12 months consumption average. could you tell me the best possible logic through which I can find out the estimation average based on past 12 months consumption. Also i have to only send the consumption and to restrict the meter reading to previous reading index. (i.e I have to increase only V_zwstandab but not V_zwstand which should be the previous meter reading)

can anyone suggest me a best possible logic for this

with regards

Balaji.J

5 REPLIES 5

oliviawalsh
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello,

The following may be of help in your case:

Enhancement EBIS0004 IS-U: front office output of historical consumption val

This enhancement enables you to customize the output of historic consumption.

Also table DBERCHV for history consumption may be of some value.

I hope this is helpful for you.

Regards

Olivia

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Balaji,

Try using the CMOD enhancement EDMLELHA (IS-U: Extrapolation Procedure for Estimating MRR).You can write custom routine here to estimate. Here we do have the option to pass the expected meter reading OR Expected consumption. This may help you solve the problem.

Sreejesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Balaji,

You require a Zvariant which will calculate average consumption from Installation facts/Ztable and provide Average of KWh and KAVH/RKVAH as Integer output. Functionality of the Zvariant will be as follows:

Short text

Calculate Average Consumption

Output operands

QUANT for KVAH/RKVAH

QUANT for KWH

Description

Calculation of Average quantity for KVAH/RKVAH and KWH taking inputs from past 12 months or taking inputs from Ztable.

Control options

Info lines are written for the quantity or consumption (in particular, for meter readings in the case of registers). Info lines are written about the calculation method for each prorated period. Use the control to suppress the writing of info lines.

You use this control to define which type of operand update occurs:

The update adds to existing values

The update overwrites existing values

Example

The quantity of an installation is measured by either one register or two register .At least two variants must follow this variant, usually QUANTI01.

Exceptions

GENERAL_FAULT

REGULAR_ERROR

you need to use this variant in Schema and make your schema DPC(Dynamic Period Control) Enabled.In addition to this an Operand(Eg ABC) at installation facts is required which will store Actual Consumption.For this you need to use standard variant INFACT06 in Schema to write Output of Actual Consumption(KWH/KVAH/RKVAH) to this Operand(ABC) in Installation facts.

This Zvariant will calculate average of consumption for Provisional Billing based on past 12 months consumption.

If there is no previous consumption available then it will take consumption will be calculated based on sanction Load and Load factor which you can maintained in a ztable.. This Zvariant will be used for further calculations in schema steps.

I hope this will Fully Solve your requirment.In case any Query pls revert me back.

Thanks & Regards,

Radharaman Haldar

0 Kudos

Could you please suggest step by step.

i am new for billing.

Regards.

Priya

0 Kudos

Hi Priya,

The logic basically will depend upon what type of calculation process your client follows?

1) First check whether your client does the calculation on some formula, whether it uses the history for estimation calculation.

2) If histroy is used then the periodic consumption is the IMP master data to be used., in such cases the estimation is done based on the history, Whether to consider history of last month or last couple of months or whatever scenario will be dependant on client /business requirement.

3) If there is any other calculation process; then you may need to go for custom code.

But the above process should be the trigger to go for estimation logic.

Hope this helps you out.

My Regards

Sachin