Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

User Comparison

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have one query that while adding Composite Role C_CMR_ALL to any user we need to perform user master comparison in PFCG for the single role Z_CRM_NEW but for other composite roles like C_CRM_Develop we do not have to perform any User Comparison??If we add any role to any user in su01 do we have to perform user comparison to that particular role in pfcg?When we have to perform user comparison & when not?

13 REPLIES 13

Former Member
0 Kudos

I strongly recommend you to run the program RHAUTUPD_NEW whith an * after earch role assignment session.

You can also program a job wich runs this every evening.

0 Kudos

Artur thanks for the information but why in particular comosite role I am getting this error but in other roles I am not?Why is the discrepency in some roles??

Former Member
0 Kudos

May be system identified something strange.

If you have a profile Parameter auth/new buffering =4 then no role comparison required. SAP Automatically updates the user's authorization. Another benifit is user need to log off from the system and login.

Regards,

Gowrinadh

0 Kudos

Is there anything like this that if we add composite role to a particular user we need to do user comparison in pfcg but if we add single role to a user we do not have to??Why user comaparison needs to be done , I mean what is the importance??

0 Kudos

If I understood your question correctly, you meant if you add a single role to the user the system performs user comparison automatically. However, if you add a composite role it is not.

In earlier releases, if you you add a role user authorizations will not be updated automatically. Hence we need to manually perform the user comparison, or user need to log off and log in again. With the evolution of ECC6, SAP has introduced new features like parameter said above.

Now user's need not log off from the system and authorizations do get updated automatically. It could be a single role or composite role.

Regards,

Gowrinadh

0 Kudos

Hello Das,

One thing to be understood clearly that the authorizations are not contained within a composite role but within profile(s) in the single roles. There is no authorization tab. The entire objective of doing an user comparison is to add / remove the authorizations onto the user buffer.

If you have a background job defined for program PFCG_TIME_DEPENDANCY then it will solve lot of your problems.

Regards,

Subbu

0 Kudos

Gowri I have set auth/new buffering =4 but still the diffrence is coming in some composite roles.In Some composite roles I need to do user comparison & others not.Why is this so??

0 Kudos

Hi,

PFCG_TIME_DEPENDANCY is the right report to be executed which updates the user master record depending upon on the validity period of the roles.

You can do it easily using SA38.

-

You can also compare the user master records automatically whenever you save the role. To do this,

Goto to PFCG choose Utilities -> Settings and choose the option to compare the user master records .

You can find out what option your composite role has.

Cheers!

Veena BJ

0 Kudos

Hi Das,

Try out the second option in my previous reply.

Check the options of the roles in PFCG -> Utitlities->setting.

Regards,

Veena BJ

0 Kudos

Goto to PFCG choose Utilities -> Settings and choose the option to compare the user master records .

You can find out what option your composite role has.

I agree with Veena on this...But I would like to give some more light into this one... Once this option is checked then assigning the role to a user in SU01 and save aoutomatically ensure the profiles against the role get assigned to the user...

PFCG_TIME_DEPENDENCY is something what should be run once daily preferable just after mid-night

One more thing User comparision is like system restart as well...Many big issues get solved by user comparision/system restart

0 Kudos

user comparision - deals with actviation of the profie in User Master Record(USR04)

User Buffer- created in system Memory(Roll-in and Roll-out)when user logs in to the system.

auth/new buffering = 4 does not autp-compare roles in my system

0 Kudos

>

> user comparision - deals with actviation of the profie in User Master Record(USR04)

> User Buffer- created in system Memory(Roll-in and Roll-out)when user logs in to the system.

>

> auth/new buffering = 4 does not autp-compare roles in my system

...what do you want to tell us with your post?

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.