cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not possible to set the status of a preceding document (PREDOC_STATUS)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am working on SAP EHP 1 for SAP Solution Manager 7.0.

I have two types of custom Change Request flow (created as copy of SDCR): ZACR and ZBCR.

Then I have a custom Normal Correction (created as copy of SDMJ): ZDMJ that can be created from both a ZACR or ZBCR.

I have seen that if I want to change automatically the status of a preceding document (e.g. ZACR) when a specific ZDHF status is set I have to insert specific entries in the Make Settings and Define Status Attribute customizing steps:

For ZDMJ:

1. within the Make Settings I have inserted the action SET_PREDOC for status E0008

2. within the Define Status Attribute I have inserted the values ZACR, ZACRHEAD, E0006 in relation to the entry for ZDMJ, ZDMJHEAD and E0008

The problem is that I can define only one preceding document in this way, therefore I have no control on ZBCR.

I have seen that in the Action Profile (i.e. the action profile for ZDMJ) I can define an action using the method HF_SET_STATUS with USER_STATUS (= E0008) and PREDOC_STATUS (= E0006) as parameters. Therefore I tried this way instead of the one detailed above, but without success.

Does this PREDOC_STATUS parameter work?

Kind regards,

Massimo

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Massimo,

First of all be advised that SAP recommends to create copies of standard transaction type by only changing the first character in the definition. You should therefore have called your copies ZDCR and YDCR. Perhaps it is not to late...

In your case, you will have to create a customer specific copy of SET_PREDOC action and to adapt the content of this one to do the following :

- not using the Define Status Attribute customizing to determine which predoc it is supposed to be

- determine the predoc type and set its status to the proper value that.

Regards,

Stéphane.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Stéphane,

thanks but probably I found a solution using a standard action.

Kind regards,

Massimo