Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error in File to RFC scenerio

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I doing a File to RFC scenerio using PI 7.1

I using RFC to call BAPI_FIXEDASSET_CREATE

While testing to send the source file, I have the following error messages from RWB

Adapter Framework caught exception: error while processing message to remote system:com.sap.aii.adapter.rfc.core.client.RfcClientException: functiontemplate from repository was <null>

2010-04-28 16:01:07 Error Delivering the message to the application using connection RFC_http://sap.com/xi/XI/System failed, due to: com.sap.engine.interfaces.messaging.api.exception.MessagingException: com.sap.aii.adapter.rfc.afcommunication.RfcAFWException: error while processing message to remote system:com.sap.aii.adapter.rfc.core.client.RfcClientException: functiontemplate from repository was <null>.

Any advice on what could be cause ?

Thanks in advance

Regards

Freddy Ng

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (8)

Answers (8)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Stefan,

Any particular reason for recommending using IDOC over RFC for this instance ?

Rgds

Freddy Ng

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

BAPIs are made for sync processing only.

They have no error handling. In sync scenarios the errors are send back as return message. in async scenarios, error messages are lost. You will never be able to find errors.

Check online help for details.

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Do not use BAPI in async scenario, use IDoc FIXEDASSET_CREATE ( or FIXEDASSET_CREATEFROMDATA1) instead.

madhusudana_reddy2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

This error seems related RFC Repository so you just import RFC once again to your design and you just edit and activate RFC Communication channel so that it will import latest RFC Metadata once again. Then it has to work.

thanks,

madhu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

There is no error found under the T-Code ST22.

BAPI_FIXEDASSET_CREATE is in SAP ECC 6.0

I am using a text file to create fixed asset through RFC

standard t code to create fixed asset is AS01

former_member181985
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

may be the bapi structure is deleted from Repository or its not properly imported.

check the repository.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Freddy,

is the BAPI present in target R3 system. I had this error in a productive environment, where the transport from Q system wasn't done.

Regards

Sven

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check if there are any errors thrown by RFC in tocde ST22 in your R3 system.

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Is the RFC structure being created properly in PI....what does your mapping produce?

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello

this is due to the metadata error, i would suggest you to import the RFC again.

moreover please maintain the Business system attributes in Adapter specific identifiers.

thanks

kannu reen

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have reimported the RFC however the error still persist

Recalling what I have done during configuration,

during interface determination, at the receiver interfaces, I unable to see BAPI_FIXEDASSET_CREATE in the value list likewise the namespace hence i manually created. Will this cause any problem.

On top of this, what namespace name should I use at this instance (BAPI_FIXEDASSET_CREATE)

i. the one that I created which is urn:FLAT:TO:RFC or

ii. urn:sap-com:document:sap:rfc:functions

Former Member
0 Kudos

> during interface determination, at the receiver interfaces, I unable to see BAPI_FIXEDASSET_CREATE in the value list likewise the namespace hence i manually created. Will this cause any problem.

After pressing the help button you need to delete the search critera and select the radio button ALL then try to find your BAPI.

> On top of this, what namespace name should I use at this instance (BAPI_FIXEDASSET_CREATE)

> i. the one that I created which is urn:FLAT:TO:RFC or

> ii. urn:sap-com:document:sap:rfc:functions

The namespace should be "urn:sap-com:document:sap:rfc:functions"

Just check your Interface Mapping and make sure if you have used the "BAPI_FIXEDASSET_CREATE" as your inbound message interface.