cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MI integration with multiple backends

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi guys

i have a scenario wherein i have to fetch data from 2-3 backends at the same time on the Mobile Client.

Can anyone help me out on this as

1)Is it possible

2)if yes then how to implement it

3)the perfomance issues related to this

Thanks in Advance

Replies Awaited

Thanks & Regards

Priya Ghosh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

we will be fetching data from multiple backends for one application.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It will not affect your performance.

I will explain you this with as example:

Say you have an application A1 which has a syncbo S1 having RFC destination as R1 and an application A2 having syncBo S2 with destination R2. Both the applications are on the same client and on sync take 10 sec to fetch the data.

Now if you combine both the applications into one, you will a single application with two syncBos S1 & s2 with respective RFCs R1 & R2. On sync, given that the conditions remain the same, even this application will take 10 secs to get the data.

Would it be possible to for you to give me your email - id, so that you can discuss your scenario in detail?

Regards,

Rahul

kishorg
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Priya,

By default , we have the provision to set one destination during the creation time of SyncBO.

(If we are specifying one destination here , then the BAPI wrappers must present on that application

server which we used for destination creation through SM59).

If u want to create only one SyncBO for handling ur requirement , then it will become much more complex.

If the data from different R/3 Systems are independent , then for getting data from one system

you can create one syncbo. For this SyncBo u have to create BAPI wrappers in this R/s System and

and u must create a RFC destination to this R/3 system so that u can give it during the SyncBO creation time.

<b>If you want to handle the entire data from different R/3 systems in one SyncBo , this is also possible . You can achieve like this, You have to create BAPI wrappers in the MI server itself.In the MI server u need RFC destinations towards your different R/3 Systems. In the different back end R/3 systems , u have to create RFCs that can be used to fetch the data from the same R/3 system. Then within this BAPI wrappers which are in the MI server , u have to call the RFC enabled function modules using the respective RFC destinations.

This RFC destinations , u have to hard code within the BAPI Wrapper or can kept as table entries itself.</b>

If the data from different back end systems are independent , then it is better to create sync bos for the data from each R/3 system...

If you want to use S01 syncBos , then it will become an overload to the MI server during synchronization.

But with T01 , that can show much more performance than S01..

One more thing , if u have large volume of data which is to be replicated in the

MI server , then u have to take a look at the limitation of ABAP session . ABAP internal session can hold only 2GB.

Regards

Kishor Gopinathan<b></b>

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Rahul

we are looking forward for implementing multiple syncbos which call their respective RFC destinations

do u have any idea abt the performance issues regarding this or can u suggest some link where i can find useful information regarding this

Thanks & Regards

Priya Ghosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Priya,

Can I know whether you you will fetching the data from different backends for only one application (whose sybcBos have diff RFC destinations) or for multiple applcations (each of which access data from only one backend)?

Regards,

Rahul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Priya,

The backed from which the data will be fetched depends on the RFC destination you have configured in your syncBo. One syncBo can only fetch data from one backend.

Here we have different cases:

Case 1: Different application wants to fetch data from different backends at same time - very much possible. Each application will fetch data from the RFC destination configured in their respective syncBos.

Case 2: Same application fetching data from different backends - This is possible if you out the RFC destinations in the syncBos from where each of them has to fetch data, but you have to be extremely careful as data one backend might affect the data from another backend. This is helpful when the data is not related directly.

Case 3: One syncBo fetching data from diff backends - Not possible.

Regards,

Rahul