cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A few queries about SAP B1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am sorry if this is not the right forum to put thes queries to.

I am in the process of evaluating an ERPs for our organization and would much, much appreciate your help/guidance for the following. Unfortunately I couldn't get to this specific infomration on net.

1- How many maximum level we can go to map organization hierarchy, country, regional, zonal, offices, departments, etc.

2- How many maximum levels in COA can we go for

3- Assuming we have 3 levels in organizaion hierarchy and 4 levels in accounts, the records in COA table will be 3 x 4 x (active accounts), or would it be 3 x 4 x (all accounts) or would it be that application will map them at the time of entering a voucher.

The numbers of users we have are around 90, out of which about 60-70 would be accessing the application over the net

4- The current licensing policy for B1 8.8, the one that I could get to on the site was updated in 2004

5- B1 being C/S application, what is the best (performance, cost effective, secure) method of accessing it over the net

6- Some of the users (Top management and Executives) are generall on travelling, can they access the application on mobiles

7- In B1, the procurement cycle starts from Purchase Order. Do we have and Add-on for Pre-PO processes starting from Purchase Request

We want to do our homework before contacting a partner / representative.

TIA!

Aleem

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry, I missed pre-PO add-on, where can I find its details.

Aleem

former_member614487
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Aleem,

SAP B1 provide you great flexibility to accomodate the different need of the organization.Whether it is the case of Mapping your organization hierarchy at different level.There are lots of feature where we can defined the hierarchy of the organization depend on the needs.Like The Segmentation Accounting for the View of the Balance shhet at different level and at the same time consolidated level.Also the Profit centre with the distribution rule whch divied the cost centre further.This cost centre/distribution rule can be assgined to each account to get the profitability report.Sales Region and there Zone and further on the commision basis to get the detailed Sales analysis.There are other feature also available like Project wise you can defined your whole transaction to get the profitability of that project and futher Feature vailable like indicator linked to each transaction.I hope you get an idea that the flexibility SAP B1 provide for accomodating the need of client.Also the tools like XL reporter,Query Manager and Crsyatl report come along with SAP B1 gives greater flexibility to view the report through SAP B1.

My company itself created lots of addon to meet the customer need in different vertical.In case you want to see demo we obligied to provide you all the detail.Also our ADD On cost are very affordable and are tested on many client site and running succesfully.

The list of the some of our addons are 1)Procurement ADD On.2)Fixed Asset ADD On(For India Localization.3)Quality ADD ON.4)Job Costing ADD ON.5)Repair and Maintenance ADD ON.6)Fuel Management ADD ON.7)Power Moniteering System ADD ON..8)Pay Roll ADD ON.9)Customized Reports as per the needs of Clients.We have a vast experience of implementation in different verticals.The SAP B1 implementation can be done in a affordable price and easy to maintain.It is specially design to meet the needs of medium scales industry.Even though Large scale Industry are also using its feature by incorporating the customized addon to meet their needs.If you don't mind I would like to know the details of your orgainistaion and the needs.I would like to present my self and my company as a one of the prospective implementator who can implement the SAP B1 ERP at your organization successfully meeting all your needs. i appreciate if you gives us chance to show our credibility.

with regards,

Pankaj Kejriwal

Senior Consultant

+919890012937

Trust System and S/W (I) Pvt. Ltd.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Many Thanks Pankaj,

You have elaborated well on all great things and possibilities. Please do share the URL for the add-on products that you have developed. We are more interested in Mobile and Procurement at this time, but can also have a look at Fixed Assets, Costing.

A few of my question, I am afraid, still need some input either from you or a SAP representative, or someone from your organization who is part of implementation process. Perhaps I am regarding this a simple thing, but I want to understand that In SAP B1

+ Organizational levels would be setup through Administration->setup->u2026 and one can a maximum of nn levels

+ Cost Centers/Projects would be setup through Administration->setup->u2026 and go maximum yy

+ Similarly COA, etc.

+ any other way/area where such things could be setup in the system.

Also I want to study the licensing policy for SAP 8.8 and its Add-ons, as generally the sales persons donu2019t go into details.

The add-ons that we are more interested in are Mobile Access, Pre-PO Procurement process.

A comprehensive list of Add-ons would also be very helpful, in case there is one that we can implement.

I also want to study in detail the possible methods of accessing B1 over the net as majority of our users would be using that.

I also learnt that there are different localizations for different countries, can we have these setup on the same B1 server or do we need to have a different server for different countries. For the consolidation point-of-view, the ideal would be to have it all in one place. But if we need to have it on different servers, how would consolidation be done!

You mentioned that with Crystal Reports, we can get greater flexibility for reporting. Is it possible to modify/change the existing reports provided by SAP? Or are you referring to custom build developed reports.

Thanks and Regards,

Aleem

former_member614487
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Aleem,

Just go through the following link for the Licence ploicy introduce by the SAP b1.

By the way you belong to which country and what is your Industry Size and in which product you were dealing

regards,

Pankaj Kejriwal

Senior Consultant

+919890012937

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pankaj,

We are based in Pakistan with schools in different countries Middle East, Europe, and Far East. Our industry is Education Pre-School to University level. We are evaluating ERPs one of them is SAP B1.

The number of users we estimate would be around 90, with 60-70 accessing the ERP over the Internet.

Thank you for the link on licensing, is there a place where I could have a detailed PDF on licensing policies, various offers, etc. The link refers to "NOTE 1223477" for details. Would much appreciate if you could kindly guide me to go to the note.

Thank you once again

Aleem

former_member614487
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Aleem,

The SAP Note No: 1223477 is indicating what happend last time. But for the new customers who start using SAP B1 8.8, when they purchases limited logistic, they get limited logistic license with the correct access right defined in https://websmp203.sap-ag.de/~sapidb/011000358700000953982007E, no more professional license is given.

Below statement is quoted from SAP Support Portal:-

New user types are now enforced

The new user types that have been introduced in the SAP Business One pricing and licensing model are now enforced in the SAP Business One 8.8 application: The limited users and indirect users are implemented; the use of the add-on access user is re-defined (this user will now be a normal user).

Hope,It will clear your idea further.

regards,

Pankaj Kejriwal

+919890012937

Senior Consultant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you

The URL you mentioned asks for authentication, is it Ok to request to forward the document directly!

... and please point me to the right places regarding other queries too.

Many Thanks

Aleem

former_member614487
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Aleem,

Give me ur email id.I will send it to your mail.

regards,

pankajk

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pankaj,

Thank you, m a i l 2 a l e e m @ y a h o o . c o m

Please do guide me about the other queries too

+ Organizational levels would be setup through Administration->setup->u2026 and one can a maximum of nn levels

+ Cost Centers/Projects would be setup through Administration->setup->u2026 and go maximum yy

+ Similarly COA, etc.

+ any other way/area where such things could be setup in the system.

Where to find a list of avaiable Add-ons

Deploying/accessing SAP B1 over the net

Possibility of changing the available reports

Thanks

Aleem

former_member614487
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Aleem,

Check your mail.

regards,

Pankaj K

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Pankaj!

I appreciate your detailed answer, Thank you! That's great!

Our organizational hierarchy is: Group, Company, Country, Region, Sub-Region, Chapter, Office, Department/Cost Centers

Our current COA hierarchy is: Main, Sub-1, Sub-2, Ledger(active) accounts (Accounts department is happy with this at the moment)

The reporting / consolidation of individual unit would at all levels for example, The detail/summary of an expense head in the whole group for cost center "A".

The ledgers, trials, pnl, balance sheet etc. would also be consolidated at every level with filter to include/exclude a particular unit. I hope that I am clear enough for describing the requirements.

Then we would require reports to our needs, as I understand there is no problem with the above flexibilities

In the light of the above, please if possible, advise where is the best fit for organizational hierarchy.

Someone mentioned that it is better to keep a provision of a few levels to cater for future changes and avoiding an extensive redoing exercise. Do you advise that we should keep this provision? If so at what levels, we can predict future. What is the place for future provisions.

Please point me to the right documents/articles on licensing, access over the net (Pardon my ignorance).

Can you also point me to the details about the Mobile Add-on? Is there a place where I could have a list of all Add-ons and their costing. I understand that the cost of each Add-on will be above SAP B1 licenses whether it is from SAP or a partner.

I am sorry, I feel like I have bombarded you with questions, it is very exiting knowing such a nice product and its expandability.

Although my queries are answered, rather well answered, I would still like to keep the thread open please!

Thank you once again!

Aleem

former_member614487
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Aleem,

With respect to your quries,I would like to evaluate all your points in the following manner.

1- How many maximum level we can go to map organization hierarchy, country, regional, zonal, offices, departments, etc.

Ans:As far as the mapping of organization concern it is not at all problem in SAP B1.You can map your organization hierarchy as much as you required with the help of the different features available in SAP B1.Now it is further depend on you how you want to map ur organization hiererchy i.e. either at Account level or at costing level only.

2- How many maximum levels in COA can we go for

Ans:Upto 10th level.

3- Assuming we have 3 levels in organizaion hierarchy and 4 levels in accounts, the records in COA table will be 3 x 4 x (active accounts), or would it be 3 x 4 x (all accounts) or would it be that application will map them at the time of entering a voucher.

Ans:In SAP B1 feature is provided with the help of which whenever you will create any account automatically it will put itself in predefined hiererchy of your organization.

The numbers of users we have are around 90, out of which about 60-70 would be accessing the application over the net

4- The current licensing policy for B1 8.8, the one that I could get to on the site was updated in 2004

Ans:SAP B1 introduce the new Current B1 8.8 license policy for the professional user and limited license user.

5- B1 being C/S application, what is the best (performance, cost effective, secure) method of accessing it over the net.

Ans:There are lots of alternative available.Most of our client are using 2x Virtualization,Citrix,Virtual Private network or even terminal server for accesing the SAP B1 server through internet.

6- Some of the users (Top management and Executives) are generall on travelling, can they access the application on mobiles

Ans:Mobile supporting windows operatng software will eneble them also to access the SAP b1 using the same concept of the web technology used for the other users.

7- In B1, the procurement cycle starts from Purchase Order. Do we have and Add-on for Pre-PO processes starting from Purchase Request

Ans:Yes.We have already developed the procurement addon and installed successfully on many of our client.

In case you need any further details we are glad to share our experiences with you.

with regards,

Pankaj Kejriwal

Senior Consultant

+919890012937