Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Different message structures on a single queue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

My sceanrio is as follows:

3rd party system -> TIBCO -> PI 7.1 -> SAP ECC

I am using a JMS sender from TIBCO to PI and an XI receiver from PI to ECC.

The order in which messages are sent from the 3rd party system needs to be maintained. Moreover, if the 3rd party system sends messages in the order of 1,2,3,4, PI needs to deliever it to ECC in the order of 1,2,3,4.

Four different message structures will be sent by the 3rd party system.

What would be the best way of ensuring the order is maintained? Can I use multiple message structures on a single queue in PI 7.1?

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member181985
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

May I ask you, why two middlewares.

You can have one right.

Note: you can serialize messages in SAP XI using EOIO. JMS sender adapter supports.

Edited by: Praveen Gujjeti on Apr 28, 2010 11:54 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yep I know that, but the problem I'm facing is that there will be four different message structures coming into PI. Wanted to know the best way to serialise these.

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Create a service interface with 4 operations.

The operations represent the different message structures.

Now you can process all messages with same JMS sender channel and have EOIO, but use different mappings anyway.

This is just what operations are made for

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Stefan. That sounds like what I was looking for. As one more favour you wouldnt be able to point me to an example?

Thanks.

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I am sorry, i have no example for this.

But some hints for developing the interface:

you create 4 message types representing the different structures.

The message type name and XML namespace must be the same as the root node of the incoming message.

(The root node identifies the operation of the interface)

then you define a service interface with 4 operations and assign the message types to that.

In config, you have only one receiver determination and interface determination, but you can have target interface (or target operation) based on operation, so every structure is processed differently.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Stefan,

It worked perfectly

Answers (0)