Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

J1IIN against Debit Note

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

We are facing the error message 8I 681 in the following condition:

Created Debit Memo request and then Debit Note to the customer for excisable FG. No delivery.

But when we create the excise document with J1IIN, system displays error message 8I 681.

What I observed, this is happening after the support pack, where SAP has modified the standard program and does not allow creation of Excise Invoice with J1IIN if preceding document category is not 'J' i.e. delivery.

In the above situation, what should be the standard SAP process in excise to debit or credit the customer.

If possible, what must be the standard accounting entries for Db/Cr.

We need to do the above transactions in cases where customer was given discount in advance against payment commitment But did not pay in time.

Thanks and Regards

Arun

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Use - J1IS for Debit Note / Supplymentary Invoice

Excise invoice not relevant for Credit Note

For Customer Return use J1IEX for Cenvat Credit

Senthils

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes you cannot create an excise invoice if delivery document has not been generated. In case of making adjustments against debit note / credit note, you have to update the excise entry via J1IH.

For this, you need to have a separate pricing procedure where your duty amount should arrive for the difference in value.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Lakshmipathi!

Thankyou for your valuable advice.

I had tried for Cenvat Debit with J1IH- Other Adjustment. Also created new Sub Transaction Type. The idea was to create similar db/cr entries as was in case of DLFC with J1IIN.

The entries passed are Debit- ED Clearing and Credit ED payable( BED + ECS + HRCESS). I could manage to do this but with MRDY.

Could I bring these entries to J2IUN data. Presently it is not there. User shall have to do much work in comparison with the earlier system.

Thanks and Regards

Arun

I could manage to bring the billing docs to J2IUN for utilization.

Thank and regards

Arun

Edited by: Arun Chaudhry on Apr 30, 2010 9:53 AM