cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sapinst "ORA-02494 u2013invalid or missing maximum file size in MAXSIZE clause"

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I'm doing an ERP6 install on Oracle 10G and AIX 6.1. I'm getting "ORA-02494 u2013invalid or missing maximum file size in MAXSIZE clause" during the creating tablespace phase at sapinst. From the error log it seems that I mess up on one of the tablespace's datafile creation. I set the MAXSIZE smaller then the Creation size

from the ora_sql.log

Connected to:
Oracle Database 10g Enterprise Edition Release 10.2.0.4.0 - 64bit Production
With the Partitioning, Data Mining and Real Application Testing options

CREATE TABLESPACE PSAPPRD700 DATAFILE '/oracle/PRD/sapdata1/prd700_1/prd700.data
1' SIZE 24830M REUSE  AUTOEXTEND  ON NEXT 20M MAXSIZE 10000M  LOGGING ONLINE 
PERMANENT  EXTENT MANAGEMENT  LOCAL  AUTOALLOCATE  SEGMENT SPACE MANAGEMENT AUTO

ERROR at line 1:

ORA-02494: invalid or missing maximum file size in MAXSIZE clause

Is there any way that I can fix this without restarting the installation all over again?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I've already created the tablespace manually but the installer still want to create the tablespace....

Former Member
0 Kudos

Why you simply not start new installation? You can try to stop the installation, edit the keydb.xml and try "continue with old installation". But better try again from new. Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I hate to start again because I have to go through all of these: Oracle install, Oracle patchset and Oracle interim patches... sigh

kishore_soma
Active Participant
0 Kudos

hi jeffry,

But to my surprise, u dont have to create any tablespace sapinst itself will create database as well as tablespace.

So before restarting the installation try the below sql command

> alter database datafile '<datafile name>' autoextend on maxsize 20M;

Pls update if this doesnot work.

To restart the installation - If you have already installed oracle, then simply restart the SAPINST installation and when it asks for ORACLE installation jus say ok and then continue.

Regards,

Kishore Soma

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Kishore,

I'm restarting the installation and try to skip the db install as you suggest.

I didn't try the first option that you gave me because I've already create a datafile which the max file is larger then the initial size but the installer don't know that I've created the 'correct' tablespace with 'correct' datafile.

kishore_soma
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Jeffrey,

that sounds good. But dont create any database or tablespace during the installation. SAPINST will itself create it.

Do update the message with status.

Regards,

Kishore Soma

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Is there any way that I can fix this without restarting the installation all over again?

As mentioned before sapinst should create the tablespaces and datafiles... you could drop the tablespace and resume the installation I presume.

Regards

Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

If tablespaces are created ok then just edit keydb.xml, search for error and replace it with ok...this will make sapinst skip onto the next step.

I hope this is just a test box..otherwise I would say start again.

rgds

Jim

Former Member
0 Kudos

for the record I didn't simply create the tablespace in question. I did it because sapinst couldn't create it for me due to the misconfiguration of tablespace's size and maxsize. The reason I executed the sql statement was to create the tablespace as an attempt to 'cheat' the sapinst. It didn't work because the tablespace created outside the sapinst was not know to sapinst. The solution to this is to restart sapinst with the correct selections. I'm happy that I don't need to install my Oracle again when I executed the sapinst the 2nd time..