cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there any possibility to create ABAP Webdyn pro application in SAP 4.6C

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI All,

My client is in SAP 4.6C version want's to devlop some SAP ABAP webdyn pro application for their end user requirement.

Is it possible to do so if yes how ,they are ready to buy the required H/W and S/W component for the same,but they can't upgrade SAP to higher version at this moment.

As per my understanding WebDynpro for ABAP is dependent on current R/3 version. For that one should have mySAP ERP 2005 I guess.correct me if i am wrong .

Need your suggestion ..

How to achive ABAP webdyn pro application in SAP 4.6C Version.

Thanks,

Dev

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

ChrisPaine
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

as far as I know - not possible.

But if they are willing to part with cash... potentially create a NW7.02 ( say ECC6 EhP5) box and then use RFCs to pass information between the existing 4.6C R/3 system and your WD capable box. In the future you could then upgrade onto this box...

An alternative that should also be considered is that WD is not unique to ABAP - and a CE box on 7.1 would also be quite good - you could take advantage of the BPM, the improved Visual Composer etc. - This box would always be outside your ECC landscape and have many interesting technologies to play with.

Cheers,

Chris

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chris,

Thanks for your update ,i have given you points.

If possible can you give me soem notes which says about this.

Cheers,

Dev

ChrisPaine
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks!

Note 1098009 - Limitations for Web Dynpro ABAP

Solution

SAP System Prior to SAP NetWeaver 7.0 (NW2004s)

Web Dynpro ABAP is not released for official use in systems prior to SAP NetWeaver 7.0 (NW2004s).

Hope that helps.

Cheers,

Chris

edit - hmm hope I'm not taking a liberty quoting an SAP note ... If any mod's object - please remove quote - but I can't really see the harm in this case!

Edited by: Chris Paine on Apr 30, 2010 2:12 PM

Answers (0)