cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Webdynpro x BAPI Debug

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I am developing an application using RFC adaptative model.

When a I call BAPI_CUSTOMER_GETCONTACTLIST, it returns error '702' no data available. I tested same parameteres directly in SAP BAPI transaction and it return data.

I would like to know if it is possible to debug BAPI when invoked by JCO?

If not, what would be another approach to solve this problem?

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

htammen
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ronaldo,

have a look at this tutorial

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/com.sap.km.cm.docs/documents/a1-8-4/debugging abap code from within web dynpro applications.pdf

This requires an R/3 system (ABAP stack) running on Web AS 6.40 (maybe 6.30 or 6.20 also).

If you are using another R/3 system you should log the state of your RFC in a temp. R/3 table.

If you are using a standard or third party RFC you can write a wrapper RFC around this an log from within this RFC.

Hope that helps

Helmut

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Helmut

It's good to know it is possible to debug RFCs.

However, I had some problems:

1) I wasn't able to configure JCO to "single server" instead of "load balanced", because the list of values for application server is blank when I choose "single server". Probably it is necessary some kind of configuration...but I have no idea (I am beginner with this JCO/SLD stuff).

2) I wasn't able to set an HTTP Breakpoint as indicated in documentation. There is no such a feature. I am using SAP 4.6C.

Thanks.

htammen
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ronaldo,

where couldn´t you configure JCO? In Dev.Studio or Web Dynpro Administrator?

In Dev Studio you can enter whatever you want. It´s just a logical destination which is mapped to a physical system in Web Dynpro Administrator.

You don´t have to use single server, you can work with load balancing all the time if you want. This is even better in larger system landscapes.

Regards

Helmut

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Helmut

I could not configure single server in JCO connection.

As far I understood from documentation, it's a MUST.

<i>"Since debugging in the ABAP system via load balancing is not supported, you must reconfigure

your JCO destinations so that the calls take place on a dedicated ABAP application server."</i>

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ronaldo

Remember this will work only if your R/3 system works on WAS 6.30 + . If things get really desparate what I usually do is call the Fuction Module from an application but set ABAP debug to true through the method jcoClient.setAbapDebug(true) where jcoClient is an object of JCO.Client .The only requirement is that you should have SAP Gui installed on the machine where you intend to run the JCO code from. But here you may have to hardcode the data into your code , all this because there isnt a straighway of debugging data from Web Dynpro to SAP

Regards

Pran