cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ConfigTool inconsistency Error.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

After installing SAP Netweaver AS JAVA 7.01, when I go into configTool, I am getting a inconsistency message from the ConfigTool.

The message is as follows:

There is differences in settings defined for dispatcher node ID and the aggregated instance settings (instance.properties propertysheet) for the following:

The "Max Heap Size (in MB)" Settings.

The aggregated Java Parameters Settings:

[-XX:+UseParNewGC]

are not present in the currently displayed for the node.

The aggregated Java Parameters Settings:

[-Xss2m, -XX:NewSize=341m, -XX:MaxNewSize=341m, -XX:MaxPermSize=192m, -XX:PermSize=192m, -Xms2048m, -verbose:gc] are differenct from the currently displayed for the node:

[-XX:PermSize=512M, -XX:MaxPermSize=512M,-XX:ReservedCodeCacheSize=64M, -XX:CodeCacheMinimumFreeSpace=2M, -Xss2M, -XX:UseParNewGC, -XX:NewSize=341M, -Xms2048M, -XX:MaxNewSize=341M, -XX:CompilerThreadStackSize=4096, -XX:UseTLAB, -XX:+HandlePromotionFailure]

These differences may result in inconsistency between the configuration displayed in the configtool and the configuration actually taking effect for the cluster nodes

I referred to OSS Note 1350201, but it did not solve my problem.

The parameters configured in the config tool on windows 2008 server box are as follows:

-XX:NewSize=341m

-XX:MaxNewSize=341m

-XX:SurvivorRatio=2

-XX:TargetSurvivorRatio=90

-XX:MaxPermSize=512m

-XX:PermSize=512m

-XX:+UseParNewGC

-XX:+DisableExplicitGC

-Xmx2048m

-verbose:gc

-XX:+PrintGCTimeStamps

-XX:+PrintGCDetails

-XX:+UseTLAB

-XX:+UseParNewGC

-XX:+HandlePromotionFailure

-XX:SoftRefLRUPolicyMSPerMB=1

-XX:ReservedCodeCacheSize=64M

-XX:CodeCacheMinimumFreeSpace=2M

-Djava.awt.headless=true

-XX:+HandlePromotionFailure

-XX:+PrintGCDetails

-XX:+DisableExplicitGC

Can anyone advice, how to resolve the configtool inconsistency issue.

Also our J2EE Engine is frequently restarting, so I assume the configtool inconsistency might be an issue.

Thanks,

Imran.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Have you compared the VM settings in the configtool with the settings in the instance.properties?

Kind regards,

Mark

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mark,

I compared the settings in the configtool -> instance -> Severs General -> Java parameters with the settings in the instance.properties.

The configtool settings are given above.

The instance.properties file is as follows

ID9027500.JLaunchParameters=

ID9027500.JavaParameters=-XX:NewSize=341m -XX:MaxNewSize=341m -XX:SurvivorRatio=2 -XX:TargetSurvivorRatio=90 -XX:MaxPermSize=512m -XX:PermSize=512m -XX:UseParNewGC -XX:DisableExplicitGC -Xmx2048m -verbosD:gc -XX:PrintGCTimeStamps -XX:PrintGCDetails -XX:UseTLAB -XX:UseParNewGC -XX:+HandlePromotionFailure -XX:SoftRefLRUPolicyMSPerMB=1 -XX:ReservedCodeCacheSize=64M -XX:CodeCacheMinimumFreeSpace=2M -Djava.awt.headless=true

ID9027500.JavaPath=D:/java/j2sdk1.4.2_17-x64

ID9027500.LogName=dispatcher

ID9027500.MainClass=com.sap.engine.boot.Start

ID9027500.MaxHeapSize=170

ID9027500.Name=dispatcher

ID9027500.Parameters=

ID9027500.RootPath=D:/usr/sap/CME/JC00/j2ee/cluster/dispatcher

ID9027500.Type=dispatcher

ID9024350.ClassPath=./bin/boot/boot.jar:./bin/boot/jaas.jar:./bin/system/bytecode.jar:.

ID9024350.DebugMode=no

ID9024350.DebugPort=50021

It looks lke the configtool and instance.properties have the same configuration. Then, what could be the reason for the configtool inconsistency error, due to which our J2EE Box is restarting frequently.

Thanks,

Imran

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Imran,

Have you installed your system from scratch, or is the installation based on a system copy?

The following note "831812 - Config Tool shows incorrect parameters after System Copy", describes a similar problem..

Perhaps this might help you in finding a solution for your problem..

Kind regards,

Mark

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mark,

You are right. Our installation is based on a system copy and not an install right from scratch.

I followed the OSS note "831812 - Config Tool shows incorrect parameters after System Copy", but this did not solve my problem. I still continue to face the same error.

I am troubleshooting. Please let me know, if there any other OSS Notes on configtool errors. Thanks for your message.

Thanks,

Imran.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Imran,

What does the <sid><instance>work/dev_jcontrol.out show? does it show the wrong jvm parameters as well?

Please advise.

Regards,

Shimon Zafrir

SAP Active Global Support

Former Member
0 Kudos

Imran,

Please proceed as follows:

Open config tool, and change to Configuration Editor Mode -> Edit Mode. Please

navigate to the appropriate propertysheet:

Configurations -> Cluster_data ->

Propertysheet Instance.properties.ID<xxxxx> -> ID<xxxxxXX>.JavaParameters

You have to change the parameters manually. Please save the changes and restart

the system. Now, you should see changed parameters in instance.properties

file and respective dev_jcontrol and dev_server files. Please make changes in

propertysheet very carefully as they directly get updated in the DB.

Let me know if that works.

Regards,

Shimon

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shimon,

Thanks for your updates. My below questions are in bold letters. I am looking forward to hearing from you.

dev_server contains the following info.

-> arg[ 12]: -XX:NewSize=341m

-> arg[ 13]: -XX:MaxNewSize=341m

-> arg[ 14]: -XX:MaxPermSize=192m

-> arg[ 15]: -XX:PermSize=192m

-> arg[ 16]: -XX:+DisableExplicitGC

-> arg[ 17]: -XX:+PrintGCDetails

-> arg[ 18]: -XX:+PrintGCTimeStamps

-> arg[ 19]: -XX:SurvivorRatio=2

-> arg[ 20]: -XX:TargetSurvivorRatio=90

-> arg[ 21]: -XX:SoftRefLRUPolicyMSPerMB=1

-> arg[ 22]: -verbose:gc

-> arg[ 27]: -Dmemory.manager=2048M

-> arg[ 28]: -Xmx2048M

-> arg[ 29]: -Xms2048M (I removed this duplicate entry in configtool and restarted the system)

-> arg[ 30]: -Xss2M (What is this entry?)

-> arg[ 31]: -DLoadBalanceRestricted=no

-> arg[ 32]: -Djstartup.mode=JCONTROL

-> arg[ 33]: -Djstartup.ownProcessId=7368

-> arg[ 34]: -Djstartup.ownHardwareId=M1502295729

-> arg[ 35]: -Djstartup.whoami=server

-> arg[ 36]: -Djstartup.debuggable=no

-> arg[ 37]: -Xss2m (How can I remove this duplicate entry? Where should I navigate in configtool?)

-> arg[ 38]: -DSAPINFO=SID_00_server

-> arg[ 39]: -DSAPSTARTUP=1

-> arg[ 40]: -DSAPSYSTEM=00

-> arg[ 41]: -DSAPSYSTEMNAME=SID

-> arg[ 42]: -DSAPMYNAME=hostname_SID_00

-> arg[ 43]: -DSAPDBHOST=hostname

-> arg[ 44]: -Dj2ee.dbhost=hostname

The file work/dev_jcontrol.out shows the following info.

[Thr 4888] JStartupICheckFrameworkPackage: can't find framework package E:\usr\sap\SID\JC00\exe\jvmx.jar

[Thr 4888] *** WARNING => Maximum Java heap size specified twice (through maxHeapSize and in javaParameters) - using -Xmx2048m [jstartxx.c 2604]

I went into config tool, and change to Configuration Editor Mode -> Edit Mode. -> navigate to the appropriate propertysheet:

Configurations -> Cluster_data -> Propertysheet Instance.properties.ID<xxxxx> -> ID<xxxxxXX>.JavaParameters

changed the parameters manually and saved the changes and restarted the system. but I could not see changed parameters in instance.properties file and respective dev_jcontrol and dev_server files.

1- How can I see the updates in the DB?

2- What is the correlation between instance.properties, dev_jcontrol and dev_server0?

3- After I make changes to configtool, what files get updated?

Thanks,

Haleem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Haleem,

1- How can I see the updates in the DB?

When you save the changes, it should update the database. Please verify

that the settings are correct, and that you are pointing to the right db and

instance, in the

usr\sap\SID\InstanceId
j2ee\configtool\config.properties

2- What is the correlation between instance.properties, dev_jcontrol and dev_server0?

All these files should reflect the database changes on your next re-start. Now, of course,

each file contains other valuable information about the system operation as well.

3- After I make changes to configtool, what files get updated?

The dev_server<n>, dev_jcontrol files get re-created on a re-start. The instance.properties

gets updated with values from db as well.

After verifying the values in the config.properties file, please proceed as follows:

Navigate to the following path:

usr\SID\InstanceID\SDM\root\origin\sap.com\com.sap.engine.configtool\SAP AG\0\7.01<xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>\

configtool.sda

Copy this file to another location, rename to configtool.zip, and uncompress it.

Then, verify the settings in the config.properties file in the fresh copy of the config too, open

the new copy of the config tool and re-try to modify the java parameters.

Let me know if that works.

Regards,

Shimon

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shimon,

I verified the settings in the \usr\sap\SID\InstanceId
j2ee\configtool\config.properties and it contains the following

#Generated by Config Tool

#Mon Apr 26 19:43:49 EDT 2010

rdbms.maximum_connections=5

system.name=SID

secstorefs.keyfile=\hostname\sapmnt\SID\SYS\global\security\data\SecStore.key

secstorefs.secfile=hostname\sapmnt\SID\SYS
global\security\data\SecStore.properties

secstorefs.lib=\hostname\sapmnt\SID\SYS\global\security\lib

rdbms.driverLocation=E:\sapdb\programs\runtime\jar\sapdbc.jar

rdbms.connection=jdbc/pool/SID

rdbms.initial_connections=1

and that you are pointing to the right db and instance.

As you can see the file is pointing correctly to the SID, but I do not see it pointing to any instance no.

1- Do I need to add an entry into it?

After re-start. The instance.properties gets updated with values from db as well.

2- Are there any specific JAVA tables in database that get updated?

If there are any tables, can you specify them.

After verifying the values in the config.properties file, I proceeded as follows:

Navigated to the following path:

usr\SID\InstanceID\SDM\root\origin\sap.com\com.sap.engine.configtool\SAP AG\0\7.01<xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>\

configtool.sda

And Copied this file to another location, renamed to configtool.zip, and uncompressed it. After uncompression, it created a directory configtool contains the configtool, consoleconfig, offlinefgeditor, lib directory and META-INF Directory.

Then, verify the settings in the config.properties file in the fresh copy of the config too, open

3- Sorry, I did not understand this statement. What settings I need to verify in config.properties, other than the ones that I have verified above.

the new copy of the config tool and re-try to modify the java parameters.

4- I copied the new copy of config tool and got from the sda file, which was renamed & unzipped, still I got the same configtool inconsistency error. I see that config.properties points to SecStore.key and SecStore.properties, as seen above.

Do I need to change thes files? OR as there any other files I need to change?

Thanks,

Imran

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Imran,

I think your settings in the config.properties are not correct.

1. Hostname should be the actual hostname of your machine.

2. SID should be replaced with the Instance name, usually this is usr/sap/<sid> where sid is the instance name.

Looking at the info you sent earlier,

So your SID is CME. Please replace the SID with CME.

From the cmd prompt, if you type in hostname, it will give the machines hostname. I just can`t imagine that

your machine name is hostname

Please modify these, I think that will solve the issue.

Edited by: Shimon Zafrir on May 2, 2010 4:39 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shimon,

1. The Hostname is the actual hostname of my machine in config.properties.

2. SID is the Instance name in config.properties, which is usr/sap/<sid> where sid is the instance name.

I did not type the hostname and SID Name in this SDN forum and replaced the exact hostname and SID Name in config.properties with just hostname & "SID" entry.

Also can you please let me know, if you know about my above 4 queries.

Thanks,

Imran.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Imran,

I still believe your settings are not correct in the config.properties file.

From your earlier reply, you wrote this:

The instance.properties file is as follows:

ID9027500.Parameters=

ID9027500.Type=dispatcher

ID9024350.ClassPath=./bin/boot/boot.jar:./bin/boot/jaas.jar:./bin/system/bytecode.jar:.

ID9024350.DebugMode=no

ID9024350.DebugPort=50021

It looks like the configtool and instance.properties have the same configuration. Then, what could be the reason for the configtool inconsistency error, due to which our J2EE Box is restarting frequently.

And then later you wrote this in here:

I verified the settings in the \usr\sap\SID\InstanceId
j2ee\configtool\config.properties and it contains the following

Generated by Config Tool

Mon Apr 26 19:43:49 EDT 2010

rdbms.maximum_connections=5

system.name=SID

secstorefs.keyfile=\hostname\sapmnt\SID\SYS\global\security\data\SecStore.key

secstorefs.secfile=hostname\sapmnt\SID\SYS
global\security\data\SecStore.properties

secstorefs.lib=\hostname\sapmnt\SID\SYS\global\security\lib

rdbms.driverLocation=E:\sapdb\programs\runtime\jar\sapdbc.jar

rdbms.connection=jdbc/pool/SID

rdbms.initial_connections=1

(Did you just not want to reveal the real SID in the forum?)

So you said that the configtool and instance.properties have the same configuration. Now what about the SID that the configtool

is using? it`s not the same as in the instance.properties file. (unless of course you just did not want to reveal the SID here)

RootPath clearly shows that your SID is CME.

When you open the config tool, it asks you if you want to use the default settings. Click NO,

and then check the configuration settings. Replace the SID in all those parameters on that

screen with CME. And if your machine name is hostname, then that is fine, you can leave that.

otherwise, please replace that too.

Please update me with the results. Also, please note that when you connect properly with config tool, only then it

modifies the config.properties file. So basically you lose your changes if you do not set it up the right way, so that is

why I suggest sometimes to first modify the config.properties file as best you can, and do some tweaking on the start up

of the config tool (by clicking no when it asks if you want to use the default db settings)

Regards,

Shimon

Edited by: Shimon Zafrir on May 2, 2010 5:46 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shimon,

So I start configtool and choose options no for Default setting and gave the following info.

Secure Store File:
scousdplm1\sapmnt\CME\SYS\global\security\data\SecStore.properties

Secure Store Key File:
scousdplm1\sapmnt\CME\SYS\global\security\data\SecStore.key

System Name: CME

Secure Store Lib:
scousdplm1\sapmnt\CME\SYS\global\security\lib

Rdbms connection: jdbc/pool/CME

Rdbms driver Location: E:\sapdb\programs\runtime\jar\sapdbc.jar

Rdbms initial connections: 1

Rdbms max connections: 5

Chose the Connect to DB - Option - (Now config.properties contains the same info i.e. correct hostname, SID as above)

I got the same configtool inconsistency error which says

The aggregated Java parameters settings:

[-Xss 2m, -XX:NewSize=341m, -XX:MaxNewSize=341m, -XX:MaxPermSize=192m, -XX:PermSize=192m, -Xms2048m, -verbose:gc]

are different from the currently displayed for the node:

[-XX:PermSize=512M, -XX:MaxPermSize=512M, -XX:ReservedCodeCacheSize=64M, -XX:CodeCacheMinimumFreeSpace=2M, -Xss2M, -XX:UseParNewGC, -XX:NewSize=341M, -Xms2048M, -XX:MaxNewSize=341M, -XX:CompilerThreadStackSize=4096, -XX:UseTLAB, -XX:+HandlePromotionFailure]

There is some reason that the config tool is using many parameters, for example take one parameter. -XX:MaxPermSize=192M by default instead of the original parameter specified as -XX:MaxPermSize=512M.

Do u know the reason? Can I ask config tool to accept the parameter -XX:MaxPermSize=512m and the other parameters specified above instead of taking the The aggregated Java parameters settings as -Xss 2m, -XX:NewSize=341m, -XX:MaxNewSize=341m, -XX:MaxPermSize=192m, -XX:PermSize=192m, -Xms2048m, -verbose:gc?

Thanks,

Imran

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Imran,

Now that you have the correct parameters in the config tool, please proceed as follows.

From your dev_server logs:

-> arg 38: -DSAPINFO=SID_00_server

-> arg 39: -DSAPSTARTUP=1

-> arg 40: -DSAPSYSTEM=00

-> arg 41: -DSAPSYSTEMNAME=SID

-> arg 42: -DSAPMYNAME=hostname_SID_00

-> arg 43: -DSAPDBHOST=hostname

-> arg 44: -Dj2ee.dbhost=hostname

Do you see that the hostname is wrong? it should be scousdplm1. These arguments seem to be wrong: 38,39,41,42,34,44.

SID is not correct too.

The value for these arguments come from the default.pfl and the 2 other profile files, located

here: usr\sap\CME\SYS\profile

One will be called something like CME_JC00_<scousdplm1> (central dialog instance profile) and the other CME_SCS01_<scousdplm1> (central services instance profile)

Please verify the values in all three files, and compare with the other systems that are working properly. ( you said you copied from another system)

Also refer to this note: (to regenerate lost profile parameters)

741289 - Profile parameters of the J2EE Engine are lost

Here is a sample of what one of our central dialog profile looks like: (our SID is SCI)

SAPSYSTEMNAME = SCI

SAPGLOBALHOST = colorado

SAPSYSTEM = 00

INSTANCE_NAME = JC00

DIR_CT_RUN = $(DIR_EXE_ROOT)\$(OS_UNICODE)\NTAMD64

DIR_EXECUTABLE = $(DIR_INSTANCE)\exe

jstartup/trimming_properties = off

jstartup/protocol = on

jstartup/vm/home = C:\j2sdk1.4.2_25-x64\

jstartup/max_caches = 500

jstartup/release = 700

jstartup/instance_properties = $(jstartup/j2ee_properties);$(jstartup/sdm_properties)

j2ee/dbdriver = C:\sapdb\programs\runtime\jar\sapdbc.jar

igs/listener/rfc/disable = 1

rsdb/dbid = SCI

dbs/ada/schema = SAPSCI

#----

1. Jcontrol: Migrated Profile Parameter

# create at Wed Jul 01 16:42:38 2009

#----

j2ee/instance_id = ID0099525

#----

Once all the parameters are set correctly, you should be able to run the config too and re-attempt to save the

correct java parameters using the edit mode, as explained before.

Regards,

Shimon

Edited by: Shimon Zafrir on May 2, 2010 7:28 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shimon,

After all the parameters are set correctly, I ran the config too and re-attempted to save the java parameters using the edit mode, as explained before.

Below is the message from dev_server logs

[Thr 9496] Sun May 02 22:16:04 2010

[Thr 9496] *** WARNING => INFO: Unknown property [instance.box.number=CMEJC00scousdplm1] [jstartxx.c 841]

[Thr 9496] *** WARNING => INFO: Unknown property [instance.en.host=scousdplm1] [jstartxx.c 841]

[Thr 9496] *** WARNING => INFO: Unknown property [instance.en.port=3201] [jstartxx.c 841]

[Thr 9496] *** WARNING => INFO: Unknown property [instance.system.id=0] [jstartxx.c 841]

[Thr 9496] NiInit3: NI already initialized; param 'maxHandles' ignored (1;202)

[Thr 9496] CPIC (version=701.2009.01.26)

[Thr 9496] *** WARNING => Maximum Java heap size specified twice (through maxHeapSize and in javaParameters) - using -Xmx2048M [jstartxx.c 2604]

JHVM_LoadJavaVM: VM Arguments of node [server0]

-> stack : 1048576 Bytes

-> arg[ 0]: exit

-> arg[ 1]: abort

-> arg[ 2]: vfprintf

-> arg[ 3]: -verbose:gc

-> arg[ 4]: -Dsun.io.useCanonCaches=false

-> arg[ 5]: -Djava.awt.headless=true

-> arg[ 6]: -Djco.jarm=1

-> arg[ 7]: -Dorg.omg.CORBA.ORBClass=com.sap.engine.system.ORBProxy

-> arg[ 8]: -Dorg.omg.CORBA.ORBSingletonClass=com.sap.engine.system.ORBSingletonProxy

-> arg[ 9]: -Dorg.omg.PortableInterceptor.ORBInitializerClass.com.sap.engine.services.ts.jts.ots.PortableInterceptor.JTSInitializer

-> arg[ 10]: -Djavax.rmi.CORBA.PortableRemoteObjectClass=com.sap.engine.system.PortableRemoteObjectProxy

-> arg[ 11]: -Djava.security.policy=./java.policy

-> arg[ 14]: -XX:MaxPermSize=192m As seen here, it is not taking 512M

-> arg[ 15]: -XX:PermSize=192m As seen here, it is not taking 512M

-> arg[ 23]: -Dsys.global.dir=E:\usr\sap\CME\SYS\global

-> arg[ 24]: -Dapplication.home=E:\usr\sap\CME\JC00\exe

-> arg[ 25]: -Djava.class.path=E:\usr\sap\CME\JC00\exe\jstartup.jar;E:\usr\sap\CME\JC00\exe\jvmx.jar;.\bin\boot\boot.jar;.\bin\boot\jaas.jar;.\bin\system\bytecode.jar;.

-> arg[ 26]: -Djava.library.path=C:\java\j2sdk1.4.2_17-x64
jre\bin\server;C:\java\j2sdk1.4.2_17-x64
jre\bin;C:\java\j2sdk1.4.2_17-x64
bin;E:\usr\sap\CME\JC00\j2ee\os_libs;E:\sapdb\programs\bin;E:\sapdb\programs\pgm;C:\Program Files\EMC\PowerCommon\;C:\Program Files\EMC\PowerPath\;C:\Program Files\EMC\PowerPath\32bit\;C:\Windows\system32;C:\Windows;C:\Windows\System32\Wbem;C:\Java\j2sdk1.4.2_17-x64\bin;E:\usr\sap\CME\SYS\exe\uc\NTAMD64

-> arg[ 29]: -Xss2M

-> arg[ 30]: -DLoadBalanceRestricted=no

-> arg[ 31]: -Djstartup.mode=JCONTROL

-> arg[ 32]: -Djstartup.ownProcessId=6852

-> arg[ 33]: -Djstartup.ownHardwareId=M1502295729

-> arg[ 34]: -Djstartup.whoami=server

-> arg[ 35]: -Djstartup.debuggable=no

-> arg[ 36]: -Xss2m

-> arg[ 37]: -DSAPINFO=CME_00_server

-> arg[ 38]: -DSAPSTARTUP=1

-> arg[ 39]: -DSAPSYSTEM=00

-> arg[ 40]: -DSAPSYSTEMNAME=CME

-> arg[ 41]: -DSAPMYNAME=scousdplm1_CME_00

-> arg[ 42]: -DSAPDBHOST=scousdplm1

-> arg[ 43]: -Dj2ee.dbhost=scousdplm1

As seen above, it did not take 512M and took 192M again.

Also because there is problem with formating on SDN with long posts, I am attaching DEFAULT.PFL and other 2 profiles in the next post

Former Member
0 Kudos

Below is the info from DEFAULT.PFL file located in /usr/sap/CME/SYS/Profile, which is

SAPDBHOST = scousdplm1

j2ee/dbtype = sap

j2ee/dbname = CME

j2ee/dbhost = scousdplm1

j2ee/dbadminurl = http://scousdplm1:9999/webdbm?Server=scousdplm1&Database=CME&User=control

SAPSYSTEMNAME = CME

SAPGLOBALHOST = scousdplm1

SAPFQDN = MOVADOGROUP.COM

SAPLOCALHOSTFULL = $(SAPLOCALHOST).$(SAPFQDN)

#----

1. SAP Central Service Instance for J2EE

#----

j2ee/scs/host = scousdplm1

j2ee/scs/system = 01

j2ee/ms/port = 3901

Below is the info from CME_JC00_scousdplm1

SAPSYSTEMNAME = CME

SAPSYSTEM = 00

INSTANCE_NAME = JC00

jstartup/trimming_properties = off

jstartup/protocol = on

jstartup/vm/home = C:\java\j2sdk1.4.2_17-x64\

jstartup/max_caches = 500

jstartup/release = 700

jstartup/instance_properties = $(jstartup/j2ee_properties);$(jstartup/sdm_properties)

j2ee/dbdriver = E:\sapdb\programs\runtime\jar\sapdbc.jar

igs/listener/rfc/disable = 1

rsdb/dbid = CME

dbs/ada/schema = SAPCME

#----

1. Jcontrol: Migrated Profile Parameter

#

#----

j2ee/instance_id = ID0090243

#----

Below is the info from CME_SCS01_scousdplm1

SAPSYSTEMNAME = CME

SAPSYSTEM = 01

INSTANCE_NAME = SCS01

OS_UNICODE = uc

#----

1. SAP Message Server for Java

#----

rdisp/msserv = 0

rdisp/msserv_internal = 3901

ms/standalone = 1

ms/server_port_0 = PROT=HTTP,PORT=81$$

#----

1. SAP Enqueue Server

#----

enque/serverinst = 01

enque/table_size = 4096

rdisp/enqname = $(rdisp/myname)

enque/snapshot_pck_ids = 100

Please note that this is AS JAVA only instalallation.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Because of formatting problems on SDN above, I have removed few lines from dev_server0 and posting the previous forum once again.

Output of dev_server0 is as follows.

[Thr 9496] Sun May 02 22:16:04 2010

[Thr 9496] *** WARNING => INFO: Unknown property [instance.box.number=CMEJC00scousdplm1] [jstartxx.c 841]

[Thr 9496] *** WARNING => INFO: Unknown property [instance.en.host=scousdplm1] [jstartxx.c 841]

[Thr 9496] *** WARNING => INFO: Unknown property [instance.en.port=3201] [jstartxx.c 841]

[Thr 9496] *** WARNING => INFO: Unknown property [instance.system.id=0] [jstartxx.c 841]

[Thr 9496] NiInit3: NI already initialized; param 'maxHandles' ignored (1;202)

[Thr 9496] CPIC (version=701.2009.01.26)

[Thr 9496] *** WARNING => Maximum Java heap size specified twice (through maxHeapSize and in javaParameters) - using -

Xmx2048M [jstartxx.c 2604]

JHVM_LoadJavaVM: VM Arguments of node [server0]

-> stack : 1048576 Bytes

-> arg[ 0]: exit

-> arg[ 1]: abort

-> arg[ 2]: vfprintf

-> arg[ 3]: -verbose:gc

-> arg[ 4]: -Dsun.io.useCanonCaches=false

-> arg[ 5]: -Djava.awt.headless=true

-> arg[ 6]: -Djco.jarm=1

Removed lines 7 to 10, because of formating problems of SDN

-> arg[ 11]: -Djava.security.policy=./java.policy

-> arg[ 14]: -XX:MaxPermSize=192m

-> arg[ 15]: -XX:PermSize=192m

-> arg[ 23]: -Dsys.global.dir=E:\usr\sap\CME\SYS\global

-> arg[ 24]: -Dapplication.home=E:\usr\sap\CME\JC00\exe

-> arg[ 29]: -Xss2M

-> arg[ 30]: -DLoadBalanceRestricted=no

-> arg[ 31]: -Djstartup.mode=JCONTROL

-> arg[ 32]: -Djstartup.ownProcessId=6852

-> arg[ 33]: -Djstartup.ownHardwareId=M1502295729

-> arg[ 34]: -Djstartup.whoami=server

-> arg[ 35]: -Djstartup.debuggable=no

-> arg[ 36]: -Xss2m

-> arg[ 37]: -DSAPINFO=CME_00_server

-> arg[ 38]: -DSAPSTARTUP=1

-> arg[ 39]: -DSAPSYSTEM=00

-> arg[ 40]: -DSAPSYSTEMNAME=CME

-> arg[ 41]: -DSAPMYNAME=scousdplm1_CME_00

-> arg[ 42]: -DSAPDBHOST=scousdplm1

-> arg[ 43]: -Dj2ee.dbhost=scousdplm1

Even after all the changes to above files, I face the issue of configtool inconsistency error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Imran,

Please refer to solution in note 736557, but only apply it to the permsize and maxpermsize, as a test.

I know the note is for 6.40, but you can still follow the steps in the solution, for your case.

Remove all references to permsize and maxpermsize completely from the instance.properties file, and save it

Then, in the config tool, apply them, same way it says in the note.

After you save, re-start the cluster, and take a look in the instance.properties file, to see if

it gets updated with the right values. If it does, then you'll need to remove all the other inconsistencies

manually from the instance.properties file as well, and repeat the procedure.

Let me know how that goes.

Regards,

Shimon

Former Member
0 Kudos

I continue to get configtool inconsistency error on node ID9024300.

In instance.properties, I see the following.

ID9024300.MainClass=com.sap.engine.boot.Start

ID9024300.MaxHeapSize=170

I do not understand from where is the 170 MB value getting into MaxHeapSize. Can you kindly let us know, how to synchronize the MaxHeapSize in the node ID9024300 with instance.properties?

Thanks,

Imran

Answers (0)