cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incorrect Start date in Purchase requistion

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

We are facing a strange issue that SNP heuristics is creating the first receipt after the SNP stock transfer horizon with incorrect duration.

E.g. we have stock transfer horizon till may 2010 and all the demand within stock transfer horizon is already fulfilled through available stock / receipts. The next demand is in 2011. Heuristics is creating a receipt in 2011 as available date but the start date is in may 2010 just after the stock transfer horizon. The duration is coming too long. This is happening for the first receipt only and all subsequent receipts have transport duration as 3 days maintained in Tlane.

if we create a manual Preqon the same date as first receipt, then it takes the correct duration.The issue is coming in SNP heuristics only.

Also If we change the stock transfer horizon to some future date say july 2010 then it the start date of the first order is also shifted to June.

Could you let me know what could be the possible causes ?

Any pointers would be highly appreciated and awarded.

Regards

Vik

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vik,

It seems that heuristics is trying to identify the latest possible date on which the product can be supplied. Heurstitics behaves in such a way when Initial Shortfall Quantities in Stock Transfers in the snp global settings is set to first possible date instead of backward scheduling.

Can you please check if the parameter for the initial shortfall quantity has been maintained as backward scheduling or first possible date?

Let me know if this helps.

Rgds, Sandeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

If we have "First Availble Date " setting in SNP Global settings for the Heu. Short., We will get first PR start date just after SNP stock transfer horizon and will end on the date with additon of lead time from TL.

It will not have unusal duration from June 10 to next year 2011.

I have just tried in my system ( 7.0 ), and it gives results as mentioned herein that PR starts just after SNP STK. horizon and ends just after few days ( as per the lead time in TL).

I am trying to recreate scenario as Vivek is getting. There is another factor other than the just "First Availble Date" .

Vivek,

What SCM version & SP you are working on ?

Do you observe the abnornormal behaviour for few other products also ?

Regards

Datta