cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Java Scheduled Report from Webi to PDF

Former Member
0 Kudos

Iu2019m trying to schedule a web intelligence report via some java code to be sent to a certain file location, where our extranet can link to a PDF. The scheduler is all working, however the format is always coming out as u201CWeb Intelligenceu201D instead of u201CAdobe Acrobatu201D. Is there something in the Web Intelligence document that I can change that will make the default type Adobe Acrobat?

We already have an existing report where this all works correctly with the output format ending up in PDF. The employee who wrote the original Java code utilizing the Business Objects/Crystal Reports SDK no longer works here, but mentioned that the setting to force the report to default to PDF was somewhere in the report definition, but buried and difficult to find. Because it works with one report and not the other, I suspect that the setting can be made from within the report definition itself, and should not require modification to the Java code.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Have you tried changing the default format for the report in the Central Management Console (CMC)?

Login to the CMC, find the report object, click the title to view all the properties. Click the schedule tab, click then format on the menu. There you can set the default of WebI, Adobe or Excel. Be sure to click the Update button after making your selection.

That will change the default format when scheduling in InfoView. I'm guessing it will work for your Java app. That's the only place I know of where you can set the default.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

wavery: thank you for the advice,

Deborah, thank you as well, that has fixed the problem!

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am not familiar with how you would do it in Java but you can check in the the scheduled instance of the report in Infoview. That is where you tell it what format to output, Webi, Excel, or PDF. Change it to PDF and save the rescheduled report. If it is already showing as PDF, then there must be some other reason it is not working.

Thanks