cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restrict movements for manual transfer via LT10.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Gurus,

Does the system ignore storage type & Bin search strategy when transfers are done via LT10.

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

yes the storage type and storage bin search startegy works if the destination bin si not entered manually but LT10 is mostly used for manual transactions though.Hope this helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

kiranvyarlagadda,

Thank you for your answer, but in day to day activities the warehouse people will move materials inside warehouse and the same has to be moved in SAP, ONLY at WM level. So which Tcode apart from LT10 they can use. I hope you got my point.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jack-Agreed, for single bin to bin transactions you will have to use tcode LT01 with movement type 999 here you can spcify the from and to bins.

For many materials or to use the strategy you can use LT10 where if you do not specify the destination bin the system will use the strategy which was preconfigured for your storage type/materials and propose the most optimal bin to be placed.

There are 2 options in LT10 where you can proces the transaction in back ground and foreground.

For background the system will automatically propose the bin based on the startegy and create a Transfer Order.

If you run LS10 in the foreground the system will give you option to see if the bin the system proposes is fine if not you can manually change it.

Please let me know if this helps?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Kiranvyarlagadda,

Appreciate your responses, you must be knowing this but just to throw some light; there is a option for restricting material movement via storage class and then the system restricts (LT10 tcode) if the storage class is not found but the problem is this applies to hazardous materials. In my case these materials are not hazardous.

If system transfers materials via LT10 if bin is specified then don't you think this is a flaw and might lead to errors in daily life. Appreciate any of your thoughts and thanks once again.

swagat_mohanty2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Jack,

Have you checked if the storage section check is active? Storage section check 'X' can also restrict movement of items to certain storage type and section.

Thanks

Swagat

swagat_mohanty2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Jack,

Could you also specify the putaway strategy of the destination storage type where you can't move the items and also the putaway strategy of the storage types where you can move the stock.

Thanks

Swagat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Swagat,

Your BOTH answers narrowed down to the correct direction. I performed series of testing and identified the system ONLY allows putaway for materials to storage type/s which have no storage section search defined and mixed storage allowed via LT10.

Which ever storage types had storage section search defined and did not match the section search sequence given via putaway indicators gave error.

Thanks for your time in helping me solve issue.

Edited by: Jack S on Apr 28, 2010 11:05 PM

Answers (0)