cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I change ownership of jobs that are already scheduled

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have several jobs that are routinely scheduled via SM37 under my name. However I would like to reschedule them to run under a different user like BACK_PROC1 or JOB_ADMIN account. Just want to change to a "system account" vs an end user.

I don't see where I can change this under SM37.

Thanks

Weyland Yutani

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

From SM37, enter the Job name and check Released check box, execute. Select the Job from the menu Job -> Change. On the next screen hit "Step" , select the program name and then again hit "Change", on the top of the next screen you should see the user id, change it and save it.

Thanks,

Naveed

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please note that the username you see in SM37 is job creator not the owner, you could change the processor who runs the actual job by the steps Naveed provided, but the job creator in SM37 stays for good and no way to change it once it's created.

Regards,

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

pasquale_speranzoso
Discoverer

Go to SE38 and execute BTC_MASS_JOB_CHANGE.

Regards,

SurachaiWan
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thanks ,This way can changed Job owner and Step User

Former Member
0 Kudos

The easiest thing to do, is update the batch job definitions directly in the tables TBTCO and TBTCP. So the job creator and the step user of the job.

This way you don't have to reschedule all job jobs manually.. In case you have only a couple of jobs, I would just reschedule them by copying them with one of your service users and change the step user manually.

Kind regards,

Mark

former_member66264
Contributor
0 Kudos

To change the executer ( not the one who planned the job !)

SM37

select job

job -> change

STEP

select the step

change

alter the user.

save

back

save