cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dependent requirements for Top level materials planned in MRP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Gurus,

A top level material 20350 has a component 30397 and both of these materials are planned in APO. We have another top level material 30399 (but this material is planned in MRP) and the component 30397 (is planned in APO) will the dependent requirements from material 30399 be populated in APO for material 30397?

Sincerely,

Kris

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

aparna_ranganathan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Kris

As Datta has mentioned the dependent demand will not reflect for the component material in APO. We had the same scenario as yours and this is what we did

We modified the Planned order integration model filter criteria by adding custom logic in the BAdI CIF_INT_MODEL. The logic was to query the BOM tables in R/3 and find out all parents that have SNP relevant materials as components and include these parents in the list of materials for which planned orders are to be CIF'ed from R/3 . The BAdI will be invoked when you run the IM generation .

You also have to CIF the BOM to APO . Once the PDS and planned orders are available in APO , the dependent demand will be created automatically. ( If you do not want to modify the BAdI then you can write a query and identify the parents and add them to the integration model manually)

Thanks

Saradha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kris,

As per SAP recommendations, you should also plan 30399 header product in APO.

As such, in your case , I do not think that dependent demands of 30399 for 30397 will be shown in APO

( I am saying , "i do not think' becasue I have not implemented such scenario).

Regards

Datta