Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Get stuck in Ehpi upgrade

Private_Member_82764
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Sir/Madam:

I am using the Ehpi installer to upgrade my BI from NW 7.0 Sp22 to 7.01. I am at the stage of PREPARE/INIT/USER_PASSWORDS and stop. I look up the log and it seems the problem caused by the java server is down (since I am sure the password is correct for the user) (it was running prior to upgrade). I tried to stop installation and restart the server and see whether the java server can come back up again but it is not.

I look up the default trade log and I found

java.net.SocketException: Software caused connection abort: socket write error

l##com.sap.engine.core.locking.impl3.LockingManagerImpl.jenqulib####n/a##e26c5ddd517111dfbe81005056a22e7e#Thread[SAPEngine_EnquReader,5,main]##0#0#Error#1#/System/Server#Plain###ReadRunnable: failed to connect to server 1 times, trying to reconnect...#

Please help. thanks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Private_Member_82764
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thank you for your response. Actually I found thre is a problem with the J2EE\instance_ID. I tried to match the ID in the ABAP profile. I changed the ID in configtool but i chnaged it back later but somehow the instance.properties file didn't change it back after I saved it. I manually change the ID back in the instance.properties file and it is working fine now. thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think enqueue port could be locked.

restart the SAP, clean the IPC's(cleanipc <system nr> remove), make sure no process running and then start again.

Also analyze additional logs under work directory and log directory of j2ee.