cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exchange rate conversion in Expense claim

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI there

The user community for my travel variant would like to enter both the foreign currency amount and the converted amount i.e. this would cause the actual exchange rate to be calculated as opposed to the converted amount being calculated. Is this possible and if so, how?

We are working through the ESS portal so this would need to be an ESS setting/config.

Thanks and regards

Linda

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

No standard way, I am afraid. (BAdI) coding is needed.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there

Thanks again for support. This is what I did do but during UAT they raised that they wanted to capture the amount. I will try and do this as an enhancement.

Thanks again and regards.

Linda

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI there

Yes, this is exactly what I am trying to do and the reason is that this is a business requirement.

They do not want to calculate the exchange rate - they want to enter the two different amounts and the system calculate the rate (the same as they currently do for normal journals).

Thanks and regards

Linda

kannan_rajagopalan
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Lindah,

I dont think this is possible.

The purpose of this local amount is to normally allow the system to calculate the exchange rate currecy. Even in normal journal entries, you will have two columns one for document currency and the othe for accouting currency. For accounting currency, the system will calculate exchange rate from TCURR table and show the converted value of the document currency.

The only option for this is to put an enhancement in the standard to bring in an input field for local currency. But not sure of how far it is possible.

Best Regards,

Raj

kannan_rajagopalan
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Lindah,

Alternatively for your requirement, you can make the currency rate visible and tell the user to enter the calculated exchange rate in the column. So that, the traveller can also see his converted accounting currency value.

Best Regards,

Raj

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI there

Thanks for this information and repsonse.

I have been playing around with these WebDynpro screen field statuses per schema and still no joy. The problem is that the Receipt Amount and currency can be changed but not the converted amount (amount in local currency). If this local currency amount requires changing, the only to do it is to change the exchange rate and this is not what they want - they want to change the amount in local currency and the exchange rate then be recalculated based on this amount.

Hope this makes sense.

Thanks and regards

kannan_rajagopalan
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Do you mean to say that you want the local currency amount to be an input field and with the input given in both the expense currency and local currency the exchange rate to be calculated?

If this is the case, i dont think that this can be done.

But let me know the purpose of doing so.

Best Regards,

Raj

kannan_rajagopalan
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes. This can be done.

In the expense claim portal, you will have a push button called Enter expenses. That is where the traveller will claim his expenses via expense type.

In standard, you will have lots of columns there. For your requirement, these two columns named Expenses Currency and Local amount should be visible.

Please follow the path :

Spro > Financial Accounting (new) > Travel Management > Employee Self-Services > Interface Configuration for Web Dynpro Interface in Travel Management > Schema and Single Field Control for Web Dynpro.

1. Select Your Trip provision variant

2. Drill down your trip schema

3. Drill down Return Value According to Feature TRVFD

4. Drill down Web Interface (Travel Expenses Only)

5. Drill down Trip Receipts

6. Select PTRV_UTIL_BELEG-BETRG, PTRV_UTIL_BELEG-BLDAT , PTRV_UTIL_BELEG-WAERS on the right side of the screen, make sure standard format is selected.

7. Select the other fields and select Alternative display type and remove the tick mark from field is visible.

You will be able to find the local currency amount there. The exchange rate is picked from TCURR table. Maintain rates accordingly

Trust this helps.

Best Regards,

Raj