cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DB02 differences?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

My Company is supporting 2 customer landscape.In 1 customer lansdscape when I am executing DB02 & checking Tablespace overview I am getting no data.Why no data is showing in DB02?In another client landscape when I am excuting DB02 I am able to see Tablespace overview but one of the tablespace PSAPSR3 -Autoextend is NO.But when my database team is checking from Oracle 10g it is saying Autoextend ON on all the datfiles of these tablespace.Why is this so?In both the customers database is oracle 10.2 & os is HP-unix & ECC 6.0.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

kishore_soma
Active Participant
0 Kudos

hi das,

Try executing db02old, and check the tablespaces ok. If still u r not able to see it,t hen execute DB02old, then in the main screen click no REFRESH, select the first option, It takes some time, then check the tablespace status might have been updated.

sometimes, the changes did at the DB level will not get affected for long time. so we need to run this to get it affected. It synchronized the buffer with DB.

Regards,

Kishore Soma

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Kishore just now I tried it but no result..Tell me one thing Kishore why it is showing NO in DB02 screen??Can it be like this that during creation it was NO but after that when it was YES it did not get reflected.Other Tablespaces are all showing YES.I have checked in other systems also & it is YES.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Try to chek in DB02 --> tablespaces --> overview --> data/temp files --> data files , check all related files here are show autoextensible yes or not if yes check the current size and maxsize are the same value or not?

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sergo I have checked all the datafiles autoextensible yes.

In one of the datafile app/oracle/admin/sm1/oradata2/sr3_07.dbf - current size & maxsize is not same but in other datafiles of PSAPSR3 current size & maxsize are same.

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

How many datafiles do you have in PSAPSR3?

Can you copy the details here?...

Regards

Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Juan

We have 6 other datafiles in this tablespace PSAPSR3.

app/oracle/admin/sm1/oradata2/sr3_01.dbf - sr3_07.dbf .

Former Member
0 Kudos

I do not know are this bug or not, but i see on some systems if Autoextend is set to yes for datafiles but current size & maxsize are the same for datafiles,

in DB02 for tablespace shows NO. Try to wait other answers. Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Sergo so it may be a SAP bug.Do you know any note which can rectify this bug or dicrepency?

Former Member
0 Kudos

This might be a long shot but can you make sure the tablespace is being checked by brtools...see if other information such has growth is changing.

It seem unlikely to be a bug if both landscapes are using the same version kernel and brtools....are the support pack levels the same ?

The reason for the question (note 764893) :

4. Excluding a tablespace from monitoring

-

You can then exclude a tablespace from monitoring by inserting the following record in the table SORAMON:

SQL> connect sap<sid>/<pwd>

SQL> insert into soramon (category, timestamp, value, addtl_info)

values ('<TSP_NAME>', '20040101000000', 0, 'Tablespace not monitored');

At the same time, you must use transaction DB17 to create a new inactive DBA check condition TABLESPACE_FULL (where the ACTIVE indicator is set to 'N') for this tablespace (OBJECT = <TSP_NAME>) in the table DBCHECKORA.

This option allows you to deactivate monitoring of the TEMP or UNDO tablespace.

After you changed the tables SORAMON and DBCHECKORA, you must create the Oracle monitoring tree again (as described in point 1). In addition, you must immediately start a new database check run:

brconnect -u / -c -f check

BRCONNECT supports this function as of the following patch levels:

BRCONNECT 6.20, patch 132 and BRCONNECT 6.40, patch 20.

Until the latest Support Packages are available, you can use the correction instructions to implement the ABAP corrections required.

rgds

Jim

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jim we are not using brtools for database administration.If the tablespace was excluded from monitoring the growth would not have been correct.Only the Autoextend is showing wrong information others are same.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sergo can it be like this that during the time of creation of psapsr3 autoextend was NO & then afterwards even if DB team changed to YES it is not reflecting in DB02??Only this tablespace is showing NO.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I do not know about your system enything ... If this are new installation (last as ECC 6.0) the autoextend are set to YES on all teblespaces by default .... But your system can be the older version upgraded to ECC 6.0 also ... I do not know ...

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

You can use DBACOCKPIT in place of DB02.

Please check

Note 1028624 - Overview of DBA Cockpit for Oracle

Also yoy try to hit refresh button or Shift+F2 on DB02 screen and check if auto extend field is correct or not.

For Empty DB02 you may need to upgrade kernel.

Check this

Note 1002840 - No data or obsolete data in DB Space Statistic monitor

Check and revert.

Regards,

Gagan Deep Kaushal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Gagan deep I have done refreshes several times but no result.Why only for tablespace PSAPSR3 -Autoextend is showing NO?For other tablespaces it is YES(absolutely right).From Oracle database side Autoextend is YES for all the datafiles in these tablespace.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have seen this erro some time, but i resolved after kernel upgarde.

Check if same information is there is DB02OLD or DBACOCKPIT.

Also please check Note 1002840 - No data or obsolete data in DB Space Statistic monitor

Regards,

Gagan Deep Kaushal

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am having the latest kernel..But for my other tablspaces autoextend is YES but for this only it is NO.

But from select TABLESPACE_NAME, FILE_NAME, AUTOEXTENSIBLE from dba_data_files where TABLESPACE_NAME='PSAPSR3'; it is yes.