cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Balancing field "Profit Center" in line item 001 not filled in VF02

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

While releasing a billing document to accounting, we are getting the following error.

Balancing field "Profit Center" in line item 001 not filled.

Let me give more details about this.

We are in a retail implementation. Transaction combining cash and credit are normal in retail scenario.

Normally SAP billing document type is RV which does not allow item category 04000 which is cash.

To counter the above, we have created a document type YV with unspecified posting and assigned to SD document type BV(which is cash memo).

The billing documents with 2 line items with different profit centres, with SD document type BV when released to accounting is giving this error.

Any suggestions.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

unable to find a solution. New thread raised

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

i can help you in case the problem is not yet solved. Please revert .

regards

Vineet

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vineet,

Thanks for the concern . The problem is not yet resolved. Being month end I can't afford to have some billing documents not released to accounting. It would be great if you can help me out of this.

Thanks

Aravind

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Assuming you are using custom Document splitting method Z0000012 or some thing else...For document type YV you have to assign 0200 Transaction and then change the variant from 001 to something else which will allow you create a rule with cash account .Thats a possibility.

Else if you are using standard method then you can use the 1000/0001 for this Document type YV alone.This has 04000 Cash to be split based up on various base item categories.

Thanks,

Sai.

venu_mamillapalli
Participant
0 Kudos

Vineet Bhardwaj,  I have the same issue with multiple profit Centre issue. Can you please help me to resolve this.

Regards,

Venu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This is document splitting issue.

You need to check first, the item category assigned to the G/L account and change it if necessary

Then, Transaction and variant assigned to your document type.

With those combinations check your doc. splitting rule

Try to compare with the SAP standard rule

Hope this is helpful

Tarek

Edited by: Tarek AYACHI on Apr 27, 2010 4:38 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The account in question is cash account and I have assigned 04000 as transaction variant. I have assigned unspecified posting at the Doc type. I have changed the TV to 01000 but the same result. I can't assign SAP standard 0200/0001 fcustomer invoice for document type as item category 4000(cash) will not be allowed with that.

Thanks

Aravind

Edited by: Aitipamula Aravind on Apr 27, 2010 9:27 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Also, this problem we are facing particularly when the billing document has multiple profit centres.

Aravind

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

This transaction Iam also trying to post in FI directly.

The entry I am posting is

Dr Cash 1000

Cr Sales 500 PC X

Cr Sales 500 PC Y

I want the cash account to be split with PC X 500 and PC Y 500. I am getting the same error.

Can some one please guide. I have assigned cash account with item category 04000.

Thanks

Aravind

anjireddy_appireddy
Contributor
0 Kudos

check inheritance check box selected in the configuration.